Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 18, 2024, 09:24:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Invalid battery' error (E398)  (Read 5380 times)
mrhohoha
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:59:58 am »

hi guys,

its me again with my problemchild moto...
after flashing back to a backup i'd made using fb3 (RGF MP based), my phone suddenly says 'invalid battery' and refuses to charge...

iv looked up different places on the net but haven found out who the culprit is - the phone or the battery itself...

any possible fixes, or will i just have to take it the service center??
rheezz
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:08:16 am »

Ever got such a problem like this! Maybe the battery is broken, try to borrow others battery!
NiKSY
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:54:44 pm »

Ever got such a problem like this! Maybe the battery is broken, try to borrow others battery!

I got it real soon and it wasnt the battery..it was a bug in firmware due to a bad ported patch...

So just reflash a CLEAN firmware (just CG1 of the RGF in this case) and that should solve it Smiley

And, BTW, it isnt "Invalid Battery" all the time.. I used it like that for a week until I got bored and reflashed...anyway - you need to plug it out-in like 7-10 times and wait to see what happens... 

Also! When you unplug the charger...it stays Invalid Battery, doesnt return to normal? (that was my case)
mrhohoha
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 08:41:38 pm »

hmmm... well, i thought that could be it... nope it doesn return to normal...
well then i'll try your method niksy, just gotta find a way to charge my battery now...! i dont even know anyone who has an e398, and its a rare find even in a shop... any homebrew charging methods?  Grin
mrhohoha
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:36:22 am »

No luck niksy... tried reflashing cg1, tried flashing a different MP (motolovers 03), tried a patch (elektro255s 4a4)... nothing works... not even once has it NOT shown 'battery invalid'...meaning the error has pretty much been perpetual... i still haven managed to catch hold of a different battery to verify if the bug is in fact with the battery... so its wait and watch at the min till i get another battery...

if theres any other solutions u guys have it'd be gr8 if y'all could help out...
6@6M@
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 01:09:12 pm »

The battery is the problem i have 3 batteries like yours with the same problem... There is a tiny particle which is called diode and when that part has defected the battery can`t be charged with the phone charger but it is still usable... Sinergy tools should tell you the information about the remaining charge of the battery but the phone won`t recognize it ... So get another battery if you have no problem with seeing every time you switch the phone "Invalid Battery" and you have a DC charger.
mrhohoha
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 04:03:32 am »

right-o...
well yeah, 6@ has described my situation perfectly...
i did try another battery...(not original moto tho)... which showed the same error... at the min im usin my existin battery, chargin thru a DC charger... slightly tedious, but yeah... workable..
i suppose i will have to buy a new battery eventually and iv managed to locate a store which will sell me one for circa Rs. 600 ($15), so i'll get it and hopefully the error will go away....
i'll post what happens...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting