Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 19, 2024, 10:47:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memory card problems - help!!  (Read 4318 times)
mrhohoha
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:21:21 am »

Hi guys

I recently downgraded from my v3i to my old e398, and wanted to mod it to the way i like it...
Iv flashed the RGF rev2 MP onto my phone and everything is running smoothly at the min..
Bought a new 1gb Kingston TF to use with the e398, but the phone doesnt detect it... (cannot see it in phone status, MV, or itunes - when ph connected in memory card mode to computer, it does show it as a removable disk, but with unknown size, and when i try to format, i receive ' format failed')

Iv scoured the internet for fixes/other ppl's experiences, but not much luck so far... what i have managed to (im not sure whether its true or not) find out is that...
 - most ppl ARE having problems using mem cards 512mb and over on their phones (since apparently the e398 officially supports 256mb), but a select few are coasting smoothly on  1gb cards (someone had posted a screenshot of their e398 with a fully functional 1gb card)
 - apparently (although it defies my logic), ppl are having less problems with r372 firmware than those with r373
 - the card apparently is supposed to be formatted in FAT16 format for the phone to recognise it. I use vista and the format utility gives me options to format in FAT (default), FAT32, NTFS, and exFAT, iv tried the first two without any success.
 - there is apparently some patch (which someone mentioned on a forum, i forget where) which enables support for large capacity cards, but i can't find it
 - certain people are of the opinion that chinese made phones have no problems with large capacity cards, while singapore made phones don't accept anything over 256mb - my phone is singapore made

I haven't been able to find very many resources and other people's experiences regarding this issue. what about you guys? are you able to use upto 1gb cards smoothly, or has it been certified as 'not possible'? also, if there are any patches or MPs which enable support for high capacity drives, it would be gr8 if you could help out a n00b.

a side question, in your opinion, which is the best MP for the e398, and what features does it have which stand out (especially in comparison with the RGF MP)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:45:26 am by mrhohoha » Logged
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:39:08 am »

The phone is blind on the 1gb card? And works good with a 256 one?
If its so, there's no help for you. Same problem is with my brothers e398 (which is chinese actually...but its the normal 3 buttoned one)...MIne is t-mobile e398 and works well with 1gb without ANY problems or instabilities...

There is no patch or firmware edit to fix that. And on e398 you can use both FAT and FAT32 formated TFs.
mrhohoha
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:09:17 am »

@niksy
uhm... okay....
on this thread however http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63572, you say that you yourself use a 1gb card, and another member says that formattin the card with a 1gb compatible moto will make the e398 see the card...
just for the sake of tryin it out...what f/w or MP do you use?

what about u other modders?? whats your experience with 1gb/512mb cards?

(im not givin up, niksy! in 2 years of motomodding, the one thing iv learnt is - nothing is impossible on a moto (besides fullscreen video, loL!!)
NiKSY
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:05:19 am »

Well... I formatted mine in my e398, so no problems...you can also format on PC (like youve done allready)... But its a thing when using 2 GB cards - you need to format it in a 2gb compatible moto ... Wink

Ive used 42R before (Anarchy MP), and now Im on 48R... It worked well on 46R and 49R aswell, any MP mate... Its a hardware thing Sad

Its a good thing you aint giving up, but dont waste time Smiley

Cheers!
mrhohoha
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:09:43 am »

well thanks dude... by the way i am tryin a 1gb card, not 2gb. Well then, since u say its a hardware thing, what difference is there do you say in my e398 and yours? if it helps you explain, my e398 was mfd august 2004, and is a singapore made model. is yours chinese made??

any inputs from other members would be gr8...
NiKSY
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:02 am »

I wish I knew whats the difference... Between mine and yours e398s, between e398 and ROKR and well a lot more but nevermind...

Yup, mine is chinese t-mobile, was on 95R MTV HiJacked firmware when I got it (stock...)...
mr.e1
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 07:01:08 pm »

I think the problem is your card(error card). try to format your card using card reader on PC(if PC give you formated successfully,the problem is on your phone)
mrhohoha
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 08:43:33 pm »

the card works perfectly on the pc... no, its the phone which is the problem... any positive experiences with elektro mod 4a4 related to this?? jithinsk says some people have successfully run upto 2gb cards using that...
mrhohoha
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 04:05:23 am »

lol...update guys...
till my last post...my 1gb card wasn workin... so i just put in an old 256mb one and was using that...
then yesterday, i put in my 1gb card, and voila! detected and works...!
anyway...thanks for the help guys...
NiKSY
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 04:53:49 am »

Like I said before.. Thise phone can heal and fix itself... X-|
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting