Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 23, 2024, 08:37:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe another revolution? Disscusions about RAM memory alocation and usage  (Read 3026 times)
NiKSY
« on: May 16, 2008, 05:50:49 am »

...is being lead here - http://forum.motofan.ru/index.php?s=524899862079df9669b01ead15a56951&showtopic=145105

Many of the Russian modding Guru's are talking about memory alocation of p2k Motos...

ATM, what I found out from there is that HEAP of corelets or MIDlets is different thing from system's ram which is used for camera, photo camera, all that system does anyway, and from soon - even ELFs... Its something like 1400kb on e398...

Most interesting for me was what I read on the 4th page of the topic, posts by Andy51 who is suggesting to replace the current memory allocation system with a better one, which allready exists but I think that aint gonna be easy... If that gets done we would have faster multimedia and ELFs usage (not sure what more, Im a programing n00b 100%).

I attach the ELF given by om2804, tests systems RAM... Load ELF - go where you want to - press 0 - it should restart after second-two If I understood good (didnt test yet) and it makes a log...I guess in the folder where you put the .elf... Anyway, results will be different if you have some of the HEAP patches applied...

I hope someone likes this post, I know it aint something uber cool Cheesy
ritza_ll
Graduated modder

Sabar... Sabar...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:28:20 am »

Hmmm....
Interesting but I really don't understand in programming :O

Going to try this
Thanks NIks Smiley

-----------------------------------
@Niks
What the meaning VERY SOON for YOU?
Hope you understand Tongue

[ROKR E398+ROKR E770v] VS [RAZR V3i+RAZR2 V8+RAZRMAXX V6]
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:29:01 am »

Sounds promising.. Waiting for updates.. Smiley

NiKSY
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:46:21 am »

@Niks
What the meaning VERY SOON for YOU?
Hope you understand Tongue

Ohh...Heheheh xD Sorry mate... But this is in discussion still, nothing is done and I dont know if it will but those are russians - the eternal modding masters...best hackers that ever walked on this planet... Lets wait and hope Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting