Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 27, 2024, 07:00:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of questions... i.e. I need expert help! :p  (Read 4466 times)
spkleader
« on: July 31, 2009, 03:18:45 pm »

Howdy everyone!

I have updated my Rokr E1 firmware when I bought it, back in 2006.
Now I'm trying to give it a last breath of life, since I'm planning to go to a new phone in the next year or so... soooooo I started to mess with it again Smiley
Anyway..
Here are my questions. (Before anyone says Search in the forum, I already did.. over and over)

1) Seems are fw based? I mean, if I mess with my phone seems, if I do a full reflash, or restore my backup, everything should be back in normal?
2) Patches - Right now I'm on firmware 49R... I'm trying a few patches that I found in the forum.. some of them work, some doesn't! Anyone can explain why? They doesn't brick the phone, but they're not applied it seens... The Blacklist for example. (i'm using Flashbackup 3.5, remove new LTE protection, since my bootloader ia 0A.02)
3) If i decide to downgrade my bootloader to 07.0D, there's any way to go back to 0A.02 without servicing the cellphone?
4) I tried to use P2K Tools to add voice recording on my phone. The menu appeared, but there's no voice key! - I flashed to 70R, the record key works! - (that's where my question about Seems appeared) - Anyone can help me on those? I know there's lots of experts here.. hehehe

I have no problems fullflashing my cellphone. AT ALL!
Well.. I guess this is it. - Thanks for any answers Smiley

PackPunk
Cool guy
PHD modder

ROKR User (Not the zombie)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »

1) Seems are fw based? I mean, if I mess with my phone seems, if I do a full reflash, or restore my backup, everything should be back in normal?
Yes

2) Patches - Right now I'm on firmware 49R... I'm trying a few patches that I found in the forum.. some of them work, some doesn't! Anyone can explain why? They doesn't brick the phone, but they're not applied it seens... The Blacklist for example. (i'm using Flashbackup 3.5, remove new LTE protection, since my bootloader ia 0A.02)
- Make sure your patch is for 49R
- Make sure when you backup your CG1, do not check cut empty bytes at the end of code group

3) If i decide to downgrade my bootloader to 07.0D, there's any way to go back to 0A.02 without servicing the cellphone?
No

4) I tried to use P2K Tools to add voice recording on my phone. The menu appeared, but there's no voice key! - I flashed to 70R, the record key works! - (that's where my question about Seems appeared) - Anyone can help me on those? I know there's lots of experts here.. hehehe
Here is.. https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=1211.0

Wink

E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies
spkleader
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:42:05 pm »

Thank you for your valuable answers PackPunk!
I got that friggin voice recorder to work!!!  Wink

About the patches, of course I was using the patch related to my firmware version (49R). Can you please give me an explanation?
Patches are very vague.. some needs seem editing :S
In fact, I really need to know about that blacklist patch... not the elf one Smiley
ZduneX25
Horrors fan :)
Global Moderator
Lord of the mod

I've missed something

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 01:49:51 am »

Everything about Blacklist patch there:
https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=4874.msg63562#msg63562

Z.d.u.n.e.X's Stuff: Personal Site | My skins
spkleader
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 07:50:52 am »

Zdunex25: It's a bit hard to understand that translation... I already tried to figure out that post Wink
So, bear with me, and see if I got it right...

Apply the patch...
Edit seem 32, offset 3F enable bit 6 (Options> Security Phone> Ban Challenges (On / Off) )

Now for this one... I'm loooost!
For peresortirovki categories without renaming seem to be right 0233_0001
"SEEM_CATEGORY_SORT_LIST"

Hehehehehe
ZduneX25
Global Moderator
Lord of the mod

I've missed something

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 07:58:11 am »

heeh really strange, right Cheesy

Apply patch, edit seem
seem 0032_0001
offset 3F - bit 6: Settings > Security > Restrict Calls (1 on, 0 off)
Go to: Restrict Calls > Incoming Calls > Allow: Phonebook
Add contacts to new category Blacklist
enjoy

spkleader
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 08:13:37 am »

Oh well... grumpf!
So, all the patch does is enable the bit 6 in that seem?
Coz I made the new cathegory in the phonebook, enabled as you told me and the friggin phone stills receiving the call! Cheesy
What I'm doing wrong?
ZduneX25
Global Moderator
Lord of the mod

I've missed something

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:18:03 am »

Made you??
Patch make category did you applyed it??

spkleader
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:26:54 am »

Well, I used P2KTools 3 and edited that seem. In fact, it was in his known seem list. Even with this seem edited, I still have to apply the patch on the CG1 ?
Anyway, that's what I did then

Phone Settings => Security => Restrict Calls => (it asked for a password: 1234) => Incomming Calls => Allow: Phonebook
Then I went to Phonebook => Categories => pressed MENU => New => (password again) => Name: Blacklist
Then I added the phone I wanted to be banned in the booklist
ZduneX25
Global Moderator
Lord of the mod

I've missed something

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:28:58 am »

Without patch this procedure are unnecessary. (now you blocked all numbers outside your phonebook)
Patch must be in your CG1.

spkleader
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:57:56 am »

Yikes! It worked!!!!

So for now on, for all your blacklist patch information...

Apply the blacklist patch in your firmware (CG1)
Then follow this instructions

Edit seem  0032_0001, offset 3F - bit 6: Settings > Security > Restrict Calls (1 on, 0 off)
Then...
Phone Settings => Security => Restrict Calls => (it asked for a password: 1234) => Incomming Calls => Allow: Phonebook
Then go to Phonebook => Categories => press MENU => New => (password again) => Name: Blacklist
Then add the phone # to the Blacklist category.

Voila!
Make sure to use the patch used is for your firmware version. I used the one for 49R and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for PackPunk and ZduneX25 for the patience and for helping me to figure this out Wink and of course the patch maker!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:00:07 am by spkleader » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting