Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 23, 2024, 09:15:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Moto Rokr E8  (Read 26454 times)
kingbee
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:51 pm »

Hello every one,

I just get a Moto Kokr E8 as a gift and try play with her. Anybody have and idea where and how to get theme/skin for this lady, please help.
Very warm regards.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:24:18 am by NiKSY » Logged
error398
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:30:45 pm »

WOW.. that is so new, no idea how to mod that phone.. its P2kphone or Ezxphone? COngrat for ROKR E8.. can u share with us bout that phone? how bout the performance?

BTW topic move to GENERAL Section
NiKSY
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 12:34:14 am »

WOW.. that is so new, no idea how to mod that phone.. its P2kphone or Ezxphone? COngrat for ROKR E8.. can u share with us bout that phone? how bout the performance?

BTW topic move to GENERAL Section

Its NOT p2k Wink

@kingbee Please make a small review for us! Im eager to find out more about it! I will check if there is ANY mods for it so far
kingbee
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:37:03 am »

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I just have her for a week, She's a glamour, a sexy girl.
The keypad is cool even you have to really press it, not touch, so she gives you a feeling of a classic phone. The Baterry life is not great, I have to charge almost every night, may be  it cause by low signal in my area, I live on a island, so she have to search the network all the time. I don't like the way she Vibrate THEN Ring. I missed some calls because of this. Pre-load theme quite poor, only one. I still wonder if she run by a Linux like the E6...
Please keep me update if any one of you have something extra for my lady.

Very best!
NiKSY
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:49:52 am »

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I just have her for a week, She's a glamour, a sexy girl.
The keypad is cool even you have to really press it, not touch, so she gives you a feeling of a classic phone. The Baterry life is not great, I have to charge almost every night, may be  it cause by low signal in my area, I live on a island, so she have to search the network all the time. I don't like the way she Vibrate THEN Ring. I missed some calls because of this. Pre-load theme quite poor, only one. I still wonder if she run by a Linux like the E6...
Please keep me update if any one of you have something extra for my lady.

Very best!

Some basic info...
ROKR E8 is running MotoMagX (much better than JUIX) and ATM I cant find ANY mods OR skins for it( I think its a first moto with 320x240 screen).

Im not into linux Moto's modding so I have no idea what you could try and how...
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:21:35 am »

E8 run with MotoMAGX or Linux-Java and it used freescale processor if im not wrong... I think it hasnt have any mod or skin yet...so just wait... Z6 with the same OS have many improvement now and E8 will follow... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

NiKSY
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 02:59:17 am »

E8 run with MotoMAGX or Linux-Java and it used freescale processor if im not wrong... I think it hasnt have any mod or skin yet...so just wait... Z6 with the same OS have many improvement now and E8 will follow... Smiley

E8 uses newer version of MotoMagX than Z6 Wink
Also, uses ARM11 if I am not wrong, so its around ~500MhZ - AWESOME!
kingbee
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 07:48:35 pm »

Dear All,

Thank you for all of  you showing your interest on E8. So now, I'd better wait then...

I live in Vietnam and there is not much chance to get close to these update. I am so happy that I found this forum. Thank you very much!

Regards.
NiKSY
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 04:43:38 am »

Glad you like it here Smiley Enjoy your further stay Smiley

And wow you are from Vietnam...I have great respect for your people... (Im from Serbiaaa..)
kingbee
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »

Hello Niksy,

Pleasure to meet you here! Have you ever been to Vietnam?
NiKSY
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 03:25:56 am »

The pleasure is all mine! After all, you are the one with E8 Wink Tongue

Unfortunately, no.. But I am still very young, 16 years in July, so Im hoping to travel all around the world in the future... Vietnam would be a station for sure Smiley

How is it there these days?
kingbee
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:27:52 pm »

I have some thing negative aabout this phone, after 10 days using it. I found the battery file is very very poor, from 80% to 0% within 8 hours! Believe it or not.
I went to the Dealer this morning and they set me up, they want to keep my fone for a week to test, they said they are just an Agent so... they have to send to the head office, funny stubit(!) I'm going to write an email to Motorola and complain aout this.

Warning to any one want to buy this phone, hands off if you're not sure your Dealer can handle the waranty!

Good luck!
Doitcom
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 03:26:08 pm »

Cheesy - i'm a mad Motorola fan - only one in my work place lol (Orange) .....

i got this phone for £130 ebay job - SO good deal..... waitin for ages and im majorly impressed!!!!

2gb internal plus my 4gb external... going to try a 8gb should work but slow at loading - battery bout 8 hours of music til flat - its ok what u expect from a new phone now adays.....

keys well repsponsive, never froze once - unlike my z8 - alot / z10 now and then on music player closing.

shame they dont have VIBRATE & RING... just vibrate then ring!!!

15fps is poor for this phone as multimedia is a target - so cant have my z10 videos....

alot of people like the phone motorola are at my work this week prob showing this kit off.....

but out of 10 ........ 8/10 for me....
kingbee
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

Any update to mod the phone yet? I need a countdown clock, anyone know?
Regards
NiKSY
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 05:34:47 am »

Any update to mod the phone yet? I need a countdown clock, anyone know?
Regards

There must be some java app for that Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting