Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 25, 2024, 07:53:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead phone... Hardware dead...  (Read 7656 times)
buster_merryfield
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:04:12 am »

So... I was flashin' and playn with me phone all last night... I flashed niksy's flash (btw it is one good MP)... Then... I left it to charge over night... When i woke up, phone was all hot and stuff... I disconected the charger and powered the phone... The battery is still low... And there was no signal... I hade full charged battery of E1, put it in... Restored me own backup... Still the same... No signal... And when i put the charger... The charger itself start to buzz... Not loud... But i cannot hear that buzz when i charge E1... I have another charger from me moms v547, same...

What did i done?! TNX PPL!
argetlam
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:13:07 am »

what is Ur phone status when U connect it into computer?maybe U need to check Ur hardware,maybe there is some problem in Ur IC power.
buster_merryfield
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:33:02 am »

Its all ok... I can acces phone... Flash it...Restore backup...Etc... I think that i damaged those pins for charging on the phone... But what's with the signal?
argetlam
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:42:09 am »

Try to change Ur SIM card first.If Ur phone still no signal,maybe U need to check Ur hardware.
NiKSY
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:38:34 am »

Hey do you have that torx screwdriver? Try open it up and clean any dirt or anythin like that :S
I dunt have any ideas :S
argetlam
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:28:08 pm »

Niksy was right.and also,if U open Ur phone,check the component,if U find any burned component,U will need to get Ur phone to service center coz its very difficult to change by Urself and the risk is very high.
buster_merryfield
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:56 am »

Yea... It is not the dust... The pins for charging is dislocated... I mean de attached from the board... So... I don't have so precise soldetron... So... I'm using me brothers E1, but that one has broken joystick... So i mapped the volume keys to be Up-down... But... Thans anyway ppl... The repairing of the phone will cost like one whole used phone, so i would rather buy a new one then repair this... But i will have spare speakers in me pocket! ,'-)   tnx ppl
farkzlay
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:51:25 pm »

i often charging my e1 and e398 all night without any problem.
are you used non original charger?
buster_merryfield
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 02:35:07 am »

Nope... Original charger that come with the phone, i tried to charge my moms v547 and it works... It is definetley those pins that is used for charging on the phone. That stuff is damaged....
MarkoP
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 03:17:42 am »

I am very sorry buster... But there is something very strange with those chargers (or phones,or battery Huh?)
A couple times when I was charging my battery,everything was normal,just sometimes the battery don't wont to charge, like the charger is just sitting there... it shows charging battery,but only first line of battery is blinking and blinking... all the time... it can blink like that more than 5 hours... and nothing... then I have to disconnect phone and battery is still low... so I have to charge it again and then it's oke... I realy dont know what's in metter... I also cant charge battery with desktop charger... it can be on charger more than 12 hours and notning... and on the otherside,my friend charge the battery with desktop charger all the time...
NiKSY
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 07:15:00 am »

Marko thats only with your phone... I never had that kind of problem xP
prasasti
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 07:33:07 am »

@Marko
Its look like theres voltage leak on ur batt, u need to replace it.
argetlam
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:53:43 am »

@marko
prasasti is right.to make sure,try the other battery which working well.if that problem still happen,check the phone's battery connector,maybe thats need to be cleaned.If needed,also check it with multitester or something like that. compare the result with the working-well phone. Ull see what trouble do U have.

@buster
If its only the pin charger which dislocated,U can try to repair it by Urself using 5W solder.Its quite easy and very cheap!:)
MarkoP
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 11:28:49 pm »

no,no, it hapend olny 2 or 3 times... and battery isn't bad,it's runnin' very good... and nothing is leaking Smiley
well  I cleaned one time the battery pins with alcohol... I think it won't happen again:)
argetlam
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 01:51:38 am »

also clean Ur charger port and charger pin.maybe the charger didnt connected properly.better to use an electrical cleaner than an alcohol.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting