Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 25, 2024, 12:43:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead phone... Hardware dead...  (Read 7645 times)
MarkoP
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 02:34:06 am »

what's electrical cleaner?
prasasti
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 08:30:36 am »

Aerosol Contact Cleaner, its some liquid to clean electrical contact.
Alcohol should be fine but contact cleaner is better.
buster_merryfield
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 11:12:15 am »

Ok... I can understand that my battery wont charge and that electrical stuff... But that's with the signal? I charge me battery in E1 and put it in E398... Phone shows that battery is ok but there is no signal... I'll try to flash some other MP... But i don't think that is the solution...

Anyone?

Peace
argetlam
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 11:20:32 am »

Ever try it with other SIM card?
buster_merryfield
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 11:30:14 am »

Yea... Just now... All is same... I notice that the phone warms up! I did not charged it or something... Just battery inside and power on... There is signal from time to time, but i cannot reach anything... Not even call center... That is free of charge... Khm...

edit::: I noticed what chip is warming... --Power IC 5188450M06 PCAP MOT.E398-- http://www.deltamobile.lv/index.php?productID=2156

I opened the phone... And that chip is warm...Khm!?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:44:41 am by buster_merryfield » Logged
argetlam
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 12:14:42 pm »

Its really terrible if the IC power getting warm only bcoz the phone on. yeah,U get a trouble with Ur ic power.oh,to make sure,is the SIM card which U try working well in other phone?
NiKSY
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 01:45:29 pm »

well the SIM isnt heating for sure, so yeah, you broke your phone allright Cheesy
argetlam
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 04:29:53 pm »

If the SIM is working well in other phone,yeah,U really broke Ur IC power.I mean Ur IC power is really damaged.U can go to motorola service center.If the mechanic say U must change Ur IC power,better 4 U to buy a new phone than change the IC power.new IC power should help,but theres always get an,umm,what it say in english?yeah,some kind of 'side effect' that will make Ur phone will not working as well as b4.and also,the cost is very high and the risk is too high although the expert handle it.
buster_merryfield
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 08:29:49 am »

Yea... I'm gonna buy myself a used one for 35euros... BUT! I will have spare speakers ,'-)... Its a luck that i can make a full backup of the phone... So when i buy a new one... Just flash it... And then all will be like before... Tnx for the help ppl...

Peace
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting