Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 19, 2024, 09:06:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Many Pages... Many Messages!  (Read 7664 times)
UrsoLink
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:46:28 pm »

Hey Modders, how's going?

I have a trouble here, and i want to see if you know about it or know what is it..
When writing a Text Message (SMS), from the 450 Characters available, the phone marks as a "page" every 50 Char.... and each page is send as a Individual SMS, costing me 3 or 4 times more for each message than in other Phone... and i remember that this won't happen in the original e398 Firmware... anyone know how to solve it? Maybe a Seem edit or patch?

Greetings!!
prasasti
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:03:16 pm »

I think that is the way it is. Every text message that exceed the char limit will send and receive as more than 1 page. And each page has its own price.
UrsoLink
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:27:54 pm »

I Know, but i have sent Text messages from other phones, and the char Limit is 440 Chars..... Why?
prasasti
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:42:54 pm »

Its only ur phone message char limit, but still be sent and receive as more than 1 page. Try it and check ur message price.
nalimen
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 01:51:08 am »

Yup, right what prasasti's said, it's universal rule on sending text message by sms, there are only some KB that could sended by sms, so if you send an SMS which has bigger than a quote for one sms, surely it would be splitted to some pages.
As i know, if you take all the quote (450 char), it would devided to 3 pages only, otherwise if use some uniqe char, it would make the size's bigger.
It would happend the same though you use diferrent HP, may be the phones just don't gave you the repport weather you send it on a page or more.
Just try prasasti's said, try to send using another phone, and take all char, after sending, check how many price u've spend to send the message.
st. G!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 03:56:35 am »

just an additional suggestion.. it would be better to set a confirmation message that the message exceeds the 160 character.. just to make adjustments before sending...

SEEM 0032_0001 offset 69 bit 3 set to 1 or ON!..
NiKSY
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 06:58:19 am »

If your text counter is going backwards, after 298 you are in 2nd message Smiley That means that first message is 152 letters... It should be 160 I think, but its 152...
nalimen
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

it's not ubsolute 152 char, some times i send more that 152, but still sended as a page. i think it deppend on how big the page is (on byte of course).

OOT:hi Niksy, i knew you, u r a master, i've seen you on MoMo. i agreed if you said that you r new, but not noob, u r master man.
NiKSY
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 01:02:29 pm »

hi nalimen
lol whats with you guys and mastas?  I learned with the time and now I know stuff... every1 can do that Smiley
But not evry1 can be a MotoMafia Tongue

Sorry for offtopic Jithin Smiley
prasasti
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 04:39:02 pm »

@nalimen,
SMS is count by character not byte. And its 160 for 1 page. Some unique symbol not count as 1 character.

@niksy,
what is motomafia? i guess it has the same meaning with masta here.

CMIIW.
motomaniacs
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »

motomafia is part of motomodders's staff...(owner, admins & moderators)
correct me if i'm wrong niksy Wink
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 10:35:11 pm »

Ah.. This is not good.. Come back to topic please. "Motomafia" has nothing to do with motohell. Any more offtopic posts will be deleted. Wink

nalimen
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 10:55:24 am »

@nalimen,
SMS is count by character not byte. And its 160 for 1 page. Some unique symbol not count as 1 character.
CMIIW.

it's what you can see, indside of it, its deppend on the how bytes (or KBytes) you've sends. Try read abbout SMS server from some books or web, you'll get it.
prasasti
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 07:40:19 pm »

Okay, I will try this in different way.

Its not byte, but bit (thats different).
Text message payload length is limited to precisely 1120 bits.
Text messages can be encoded using a variety of alphabets: the 7-bit alphabet (default GSM), the 8-bit and the 16-bit.
Thats make the maximum individual text message sizes are 160 for 7-bit characters, 140 for 8-bit characters, or 70 for 16-bit characters.
Our normal alphabets are 7-bit but characters in languages such as Arabic, Chinese or Russian must be encoded using the 16-bit.
Since each message start with some user data header, the number of characters per message is lower than stated above (like Niksy said).
nalimen
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 01:28:54 am »

may be what you've said is true prasasti , but , don't you kno that 1 Byte is eaqual to 8 bits????so it doesn't matter weather it's on bit or Byte.

Okay, I will try this in different way.

Its not byte, but bit (thats different).
Text message payload length is limited to precisely 1120 bits. ...

8 bits     = 1 Byte
16 bits   = 2 Bytes
1120 bits = 1120/8
            = 140Bytes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting