Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 26, 2024, 07:29:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katze3 FInal RELEASE  (Read 46336 times)
lordx78
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2007, 10:13:55 pm »

Yes, its like a Boot screen with a media player logo on its top right. its a colorful screen which each of its command will end with [OK] in green. I've tried to re-flash, but useless. The I've tried with ultimate again and all back to normal as before. Now I'm waiting for KATZE-4, and I hope in Katze-4 they have both .shx and .sbf file.

***1. Firsr review the flash file. When you unzip the archive usually you will find only two files - one is .shx and one is .sbf file. First you will flash the .shx and then you will flash the .sbf.

2. Turn off your phone. Press the Voice Key + Red Key. You will get the primary bootloader screen. Now start hitting  the voice key multiple times until the bootscreen text changes and you will see the secondary bootloader.

3. Connect your phone, open RSD Lite and flash your phone with the .shx file (in some firmwares there is only one .sbf file - choose it here)

4. After the flash is complete then you can turn your phone into the primary bootloader again and then flash it using RSD lite. Here you may need to follow additional instructions from the firmware post itself (like replacing some .smg files during the flash). However that is optional.****

According to this flashing tutorial, its say that if there is no .shx file, we can use the .sbf file at the point where it said (choose it here). I've followed exactly as it told but unfortunately my phone hanged.

And for my information, what is primary bootloader and secondary bootloader ? How to differentiate between them? Any screen shots pls.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2007, 11:43:23 pm »

I dont think we can take screenshot for this, but just take a note:
1. First bootloader, hold voice key and power key, this is first bootloader or we called AP.
2. Second bootloader, after entered first bootloader, press voice key again (maybe need multiple times) until screen changed. This is second bootloader or we can called BP.

Remember, always flash shx in second bootloader and sbf in first bootloader, whenever you have both or only one sbf..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

konspirasi
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2007, 11:44:05 pm »

1st bootloader is the screen popup after turn e2 off n push the red key (off key) + voice key (circle key in the upper right) together.
2nd bootloader appear when you press voice key again in the 1st bootloader.
U can read in modmymoto.com for full flashing guide.
@adrian i just find out if my gprs connection after using oni n then i restart my e2, i cant connect again even i used opera. But to fix this i must edit the gprs setting to erase the APN n fill it up again. After that i can connect again xD.
Pls help now i must maintain my e2 for not running out batt xD
error398
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2007, 08:34:37 am »

E2 bootloader rules
1st Bootloader = .sbf
2nd Bootloader = .shx

Flash 2nd Bootloader then Flash 1st Bootloader
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting