Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 30, 2024, 04:41:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katze3 FInal RELEASE  (Read 46385 times)
memokinetic
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2007, 02:55:09 am »

Well... I was on 46b with Katze3 (now on Ultimate with 48b). Tried reflashing katze3 from scratch - same things. Sad I've even tried another memory card and no memory card at all (just to eliminate it from the ecuation). I don't think it's a hardware fault, because Ultimate runs fine. Just unlucky, I guess.

With a formatted battery (6 months old, gets about 4 days in a stock v360), on Katze3, I can get about 1/2 hours of music at max volume with the low batt alert before the phone dies.

I'll try katze4 when it gets out - I like your ideas, but the most important thing in a phone is reliability. Normally, I would build my own MP (like in my E398 days), but I don't have the time now.

Keep up the good work! Smiley

by the way... battery life is not awful, battery scale is different, just try to listen music at the highest volume, after u receive the low batt alert Wink
error398
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 02:58:41 am »

im waiting ur MP Grin
adriangatillo
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 06:02:22 pm »

mine lasts more than an hour and a half, believe me  i travel tooo much in a bus on my way to the school (2 hours) and then to my house again, i walk & run like an hour, i go biking like 2 hours, and i love to take photos, and SMSing... my friends keep taking fotos and transferring songs via bluetooth...

my phone is lasting two days with the brightnes at (1), network search at (low), no screensaver, and lowest timeouts...

my friends are sooo in love with my phone though they have all SonyEricssons... believe me i wouldn show off my fone if the Firmware was so unstable...

i charge the fone 4 hours, when i´m sleeping from 00:30 to 4:30 AM every two days... and thats enough for me, The W810 never made it for so loong while i had it, not either the e398, the E1, the L7, The V3i... none of them
memokinetic
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 02:30:57 am »

OK, I just had to try Katze3 again!

Changes:
Upgraded from RDS Lite 2.7 to 3.6
Flashed 46B (from 48B needed for Ultimate)
Flashed Katze3 (no moddifications yet - but will adjust the sound, menu locations, skins, OC etc)
Memory card swap from 64 MB to 32 MB (still overkill, I know).

And presto... Only one lockup so far: In the morning, I had the alarm set. Instead of playing the mp3 assigned (cortana.mp3 Wink), the phone started vibrating continuously - after about 20-30s of vibrating, I shut it down - it responded to the long press on the power button, but not to other commands. Strange. I'll keep monitoring.

14th hour on Katze3 (again):
- 1 lockup
- battery meter at 70% (1h of radio, 30-40 mins of phone calls).
- can't seem to use all the functions in Desktop Manager, but that's OK (clock and date font size, 4x4 menu setting)

I keep everything set up for max power saving, just like you do.

As for the maintenance of the battery, for lithium ion it's better to have smaller, more frequent recharges than a full discharge-recharge cicle - but include a full cicle every 20-30 charges or so for callibration of the internal circuitry of the battery. Or at least that's what they teach in electronics class. You have a brief tutorial for lithium-ion at http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm - if impatient, scroll down to the guidelines, they're pretty good. I charge every evening and try to remember to disconnect when full - even if the circuitry is supposed to do that anyway.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:33:34 am by memokinetic » Logged
memokinetic
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 02:50:15 pm »

The alarm thing happened again (see previous post), but with a twist: I had deactivated vibration, so after dismissing the alarm (a song from the memory card), the phone started playing another song from the memory card. Umm... Undecided It was exactly like hitting <next> in Media Finder. Again, I was able to turn off the phone without taking the battery out. Any ideas?

Right now (26 hours on Katze3) I got the low battery alarm and decided to recharge - mostly because I need the phone. When I'll have the time, I'll let it turn off by itself. In these 26 hours I had 90 mins of talking, 2 hours of music, one hour of radio, some messages, some internet browsing, a couple of pictures and about 30 mins of Asphalt 3 3D. It's much better than before. Smiley
error398
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 06:05:05 pm »

katze3 have included O.c, so no wonder that ur battery drain faster than be4
adriangatillo
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 09:49:56 pm »

uhm erase the alarm set a new one... tell me how it works :p
memokinetic
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 04:05:43 am »

That's the first thing I did... nope, no luck. But it doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't bother me that much. Hey, if the alarm goes on with new songs even after I dismiss it (snooze works), I'm guaranteed to wake up! Cheesy

uhm erase the alarm set a new one... tell me how it works :p
memokinetic
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 04:12:18 am »

Yes, but still, it drained fast. I use the (aprox) 100/200/300 OC for now, but if I get more freezes, I'll remove the OC. The freezes I experienced during my first time on Katze3 reminded me of a way-too-OCd' PC. Even if their type and factory rating is exactly the same, some processors handle overclocking better than others - it's a fact.

katze3 have included O.c, so no wonder that ur battery drain faster than be4
adriangatillo
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2007, 08:36:55 pm »

memokinetic....

so now what do you think of the bugs from the katze.... corrected after flashing it again¨?
memokinetic
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2007, 02:20:01 am »

memokinetic....

so now what do you think of the bugs from the katze.... corrected after flashing it again¨?

Well, the alarm thing and desktop manager thing don't bother me that much... but I've managed to kill the battery in about 4 hours of radio+Worms. Granted, it was a long road, with lots of signal loss, so the phone had to search and amplify all the time, i guess...

At first, I thought it was the battery, but using a new one (after a few charges/discharges, to format, of course) got me no extra mileage. Once, I just got the battery low signal, and when I tried to snap a picture using the flash, the phone died. Sad Maybe it's something in my phone, but no one I know has this phone, as it's not available in my country - or any neighbouring countries - or much of Europe, for that matter. I had mine imported from China. Cheesy It came branded with some singer dude named Jay Chou... couldn't wait to reflash! Angry

So I tried removing the OC. No result, except for games slowing down a bit... So now I'm using OC again...

Other bugs did not come back. Yay! Smiley

I'm happy with Katze3, but waiting for Katze4! I'll give you big posts to read after flashing that one too! Tongue
boolean22
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2007, 10:09:22 am »

Please, remember that any piece of software needs testing and adjustments for it to work on EVERY hardware, even if it is only one configuration (in this case, ROKR E2). It depends on reflashes and full-flashes to see if a ROKR has any tidbit of some previous buggy version... Sometimes reflashing is the key, sometimes not...
There are to much factors to include at the time of reliability test. Every ROKR is a world! Tongue
adriangatillo
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2007, 08:53:47 pm »

THANKS....   (because of the LACK of the Thanks Button Undecided :Smiley)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:59:15 pm by adriangatillo » Logged
error398
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2007, 09:07:57 pm »

@adrian
can u give me katze3 volumetable??
adriangatillo
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2007, 09:12:49 pm »

there
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting