Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 11:45:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola MT917  (Read 6953 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:10:33 am »

New Android 2.3 phone from Moto available now. The CPU is dualcore 1.2Ghz. The screen is 4.5" with 1280x720 resolution with Gorilla Glass (shock proof). The camera is 13 megapixels (wtf?) and records 1080p HD video. The RAM is 1GB.

Another thing that I head is some "Super AMOLED Advanced" technology. I don't know what this is (shame on me huh?).

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:54:06 am »

this is razr variant for china market
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:35:47 pm »

New Android 2.3 phone from Moto available now. The CPU is dualcore 1.2Ghz. The screen is 4.5" with 1280x720 resolution with Gorilla Glass (shock proof). The camera is 13 megapixels (wtf?) and records 1080p HD video. The RAM is 1GB.

Another thing that I head is some "Super AMOLED Advanced" technology. I don't know what this is (shame on me huh?).

Yes, it's RAZR variant for China market, aside of the RAZR itself. This has better camera, better screen  but lack Kevlar on RAZR.

Super AMOLED is well, a variant of AMOLED display that integrate the touch layer to the display. AMOLED is improved display from the old OLED. Super AMOLED Advanced on other hand is Motorola own named (probably enhanced), not sure how different it was from Super AMOLED though, but the review so far seems to praise it.

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 07:05:25 am »

Yes, it's RAZR variant for China market, aside of the RAZR itself. This has better camera, better screen  but lack Kevlar on RAZR.

Super AMOLED is well, a variant of AMOLED display that integrate the touch layer to the display. AMOLED is improved display from the old OLED. Super AMOLED Advanced on other hand is Motorola own named (probably enhanced), not sure how different it was from Super AMOLED though, but the review so far seems to praise it.

Lol, I know this post is an old one, but still, I can't help but to comment Cheesy, that Super AMOLED Advanced really makes me laugh at it, I mean seriously, their engineer can't make a better name? make it something the "average joe" can remember, sure Super AMOLED Advanced > Super AMOLED, but seriously, if someone didn't point the "Advanced" name, people will just forget about it, even Super AMOLED is kinda forget-able, does any of you remember which phone got Super AMOLED, and which one got AMOLED? I don't.

Anyway, as much as the specs of Android phone makes me go "whoaa" it doesn't really interest me much, maybe because I'm older and doesn't really care about phone anymore ( I use dumbphone), but maybe because the dismal battery life, one day average usage per charge really turns me off, I used to let my phone away and forgot to charge.

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:16:47 am »

I liked the "dumbphone" word Smiley Check out mine: http://www.cphpvb.net/other/7926-durrocomm-lm801-gsm/

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 05:40:36 pm »

damn, that is so manly Cheesy here's the phone im currently using, dual sim dumbphone Grin
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »

Lol, I know this post is an old one, but still, I can't help but to comment Cheesy, that Super AMOLED Advanced really makes me laugh at it, I mean seriously, their engineer can't make a better name? make it something the "average joe" can remember, sure Super AMOLED Advanced > Super AMOLED, but seriously, if someone didn't point the "Advanced" name, people will just forget about it, even Super AMOLED is kinda forget-able, does any of you remember which phone got Super AMOLED, and which one got AMOLED? I don't.

Anyway, as much as the specs of Android phone makes me go "whoaa" it doesn't really interest me much, maybe because I'm older and doesn't really care about phone anymore ( I use dumbphone), but maybe because the dismal battery life, one day average usage per charge really turns me off, I used to let my phone away and forgot to charge.

There is also Super AMOLED plus from Samsung... If I'm correct, the 'plus' here means it doesn't use Pentile. Grin And there is plenty of screen display name without meaning, like Nova, Clear Black, Retina Display, etc. They are basically IPS LCD.

Android specs keep increasing, but that doesn't mean the other not. iPhone for example, their latest iteration specs is on par with current released Android phone. Windows Phone spec updates is slower, but that is due to the hardware limitation from Microsoft, they want to control the ecosystem and have less fragmentation.

Android update is faster because manufacturer is free to do what they wanted, they can go implementing the latest hardware easily. That doesn't mean Android is power hungry though, as an outdated specs like 600mhz processor can run Gingerbread without issue. And some middle-end phone with 1ghz processor have promised ICS update too. Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 05:48:14 am »

the hardware they always forgot to improve- the battery! (yes i've heard about razr maxx)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting