Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 25, 2024, 12:00:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with e398  (Read 6467 times)
dmad
« on: July 29, 2007, 04:27:32 am »

Hello. I buyed an e398 (cheapest). Yesterday, i download all the programs (P2K Commander, P2K Tools, MotoMidMan, P2K Menu Editior) and i start to play with my phone Smiley. After i give it a "Master Reset", i can't access Personalise menu, i can't change the themes (only with Ski Manager). What can i do? From where i can download the original mma_ucp for my phone? Thanks. I tryed to search for a monster pack has only 6 megs intern memory
error398
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:56:21 am »

try to restore ur backup? did u using flashbackup? what is ur E398 firmware? R372 or R373?
check ur bootloader  turn off ur phone then press (*)+(#)+(green button[call])
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 07:59:52 am »

Hi,welcome to MotoHell..
You shouldn't do master reset or clear for the phone customised by you because many system files such as mma_ucp may not be given the "system" attribute and hence they get deleted when you do MC or MR.. Now you can easily recover from this situation by flashing  an MP. Remeber,if you are on stock e398(R372),flash THIS MP first. Dont bother about the size of the MP and your internal memory.. Wink
After flashing 42R_for_all,flash any e398 MP you want..

Always BACKUP first..

dmad
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 08:12:52 am »

It's an R373. Thanks for the tips. I created a backup using "FlashBackup". Now, i'm installing "Original_42R-for-all_MP__E398_ONLY_". Thanks again
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:20:34 am »

If you are already on R373,then there is no need to flash that MP,bro.. Its buggy and misses lots of funcyions.. You can flash a newer MP from e398mod.com

dmad
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 01:27:12 pm »

So i install R373_G_0E.30.49R_fullflash.shx (it's the original firmware, right?). I search for monsterpacks on e398mod.com, but i don't like neither. I see the difference between the old software from phone (when i listened a song, i had the "hide" option, now, i haven't) and from the new software. My question is: from where i can download patches? I don't want MonsterPacks, just patches (or tutorials). Thanks again Smiley
LE: I installed Revolution MP and Indian MP (i guess)
motomaniacs
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 08:40:41 pm »

Never do master clear or master reset unless you sure have set all files attribut to SYSTEM
error398
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 11:35:22 pm »

i think master clear or master reset is useless.. it just clear or reset phone setting to default..
giacoletto
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 03:30:49 am »

i share the same sentiment raunamaxtor.. Smiley
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:20:40 pm »

i think the best you can do is to restore a backup or to flash other mp.
i assure you that it's not the master reset that caused that problem to your phone. master reset simply resets the phone settings and that's all. i mean it puts the setting how they are by default.
so i recommend that you flash another mp. (if you have r372 flash the 42r for all CG7 and try another mp it's for r373, or if you already have r373 flash directly other mp).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting