Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 18, 2024, 07:24:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which would be a great design for the phone's menu?
A Translucid menu would do just fine
A 3D Window Menu would be brilliant
A Dock Bar at (Bottom, Top, Left, Right) should do it great as a menu
A Circle Dock design for the menu should be amazing
The Original menu design is great
A Grid menu is fantastic
A List menu can't be compared to any other menu

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola Icer (RMVS) by DS Preview for Motorola E8  (Read 4579 times)
Deisler Smith

Exceptionallity by Desire.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2011, 11:55:36 pm »

This is actually a first look to a new skin i'm working in, I dedicate myself at PC Modding, but some weeks ago I manage myself to get a Motorola E8, I had spended several hours researching all about phone modding, but I had been searching for skins because the default one is named Onyx and looks designed by cheap graphic designers, but all the skins I found had several details (wrong resolution icons, pixelated menus, etc...) to resume I didn't like them, so I'm here today with a new skin that proposes perfection, professional design, and performance.

As I mention before this is a first look, a preview, I will continuously be updating this post to show new screenshots and the progress of this skin, now this skin is intended for any 320x240 px phone like the Motorola E8, if anyone is interested on helping, providing ideas, commenting or even ask is welcome.

I understand that the preview is still basic enough to be called "Revolutionary", but i'm still developing this Visual Style, soon it would look "Revolutionary".

Please feel free to comment, ask, etc...

There is an update to this skin: https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=6307.0

Sincerely,
Deisler Smith.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:37:09 pm by Deisler Smith » Logged

HTC One X
Asus Transformer Prime
Motorola Droid Razr
Motorola E8
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:43:10 am »

Great skin, nice

PackPunk
Cool guy
PHD modder

ROKR User (Not the zombie)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

I like the original one for the menu. It's simple and fast, will be great if you make just like the original for the menu. Smiley
Nice skin

E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies
Deisler Smith

Exceptionallity by Desire.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »

I like the original one for the menu. It's simple and fast, will be great if you make just like the original for the menu. Smiley
Nice skin

Thanks, I do believe it's faster the menu the original way, using the fast scroll-wheel of the E8 it's possible to navigate fast, but the E8's scroll-wheel isn't accurate enough and it's sluggish, I read this issue can be fixed by over-clocking the phone's processor from 300MHz to 500MHz of an ARM11 of 511MHz, however I haven't found yet the firmware or the app to do this, so I believe after a couple of test that a new menu design can help to make the scroll-wheel a little bit more faster an accurate, and by a new menu design I mean using light icons and backgrounds for the menu, because it's not the same to use a set of icons that weight 500KB each one on the menu than a set of icons that weight around 40KB each one, so with this mind I hope to increase the speed of the scroll on the menu, but also this skin is supposed to be revolutionary so we need something different than the original menu, so it can be called revolutionary.

Thanks a lot for the advice, I really appreciate that, i'm not probably using the original menu, but I will probably conserve the best of it for the new menu.

There is an update to this skin: https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=6307.0

Take care,
Sincerely,
Deisler Smith.

HTC One X
Asus Transformer Prime
Motorola Droid Razr
Motorola E8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting