Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 12:37:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola Icer E8 (RMVS) Update 2 by DS  (Read 2914 times)
Deisler Smith

Exceptionallity by Desire.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:12:38 pm »

This is the update to first preview of "MOTO ICR (Moto Icer)" located at https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=6305.0 which was only a preview of this skin, but now this two screenshots are coming from a real skin that has been installed to a Motorola E8 on an SD Card, so far the menu looks like the original menu, I'm now working on the design of the menu, but now I would explain what I've done in this update.

There are 2 screenshots above (Screenshot 1 and 2), at the:

Screenshot 1 is the way in which the phone visualizes normally with a dock bar almost at the top displaying very useful statics like the hour, day, date, service provider (in my case AT&T), battery status, signal status, bluetooth status, and of course the missed calls and messages stats which at the end Read or Unread are added (in my case 0 calls and 2 read messages).

Screenshot 2 is the way the phone would look if you modify at Programation/Screen/Navigation Keys/-Show Icons-, so by doing this the phone stats are replaced by the Navigation Keys' Icons which are four icons, each one for every key of the Navigation Keys located on the Key Pad, keys are know as North, South, East and West.

In my case my navigation keys are programmed to open Music, Camera, Media Finder and Bluetooth so if I press the North Key Music window will then open, if I press South Key the Camera will open, with the East Key the Media Finder window will open and with the West Key the Bluetooth window will open as well then I can further activate my Bluetooth connection.

So far this is what I had achieved I'm still working on the menu, the intention is to create a Monsterpack with this skin and lots of applications in order to transform Motorola E8 and 320x240 phones in small computers, but I think it is more probable to achieve a computer like appearance.

And although the E8 has a couple of years on the market, I believe it is still good, I believe as well that older Motorola phones are still great, so the intention also of this skin or vs which I hope to include in a Monsterpack someday is to give as well a second chance to other phones to be revolutionary not be left behind because of new phone models.

Please feel free to comment (reply or quote), ask, etc...

Sincerely,
Deisler Smith

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:40:48 am by Deisler Smith » Logged

HTC One X
Asus Transformer Prime
Motorola Droid Razr
Motorola E8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting