Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 10:16:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery runs on Half day.  (Read 4504 times)
sarquez
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »

Hello there.

Just got this e398 that has been modded as heck, and it is in my opnion THE BEST Rokr ever! actually the best from Motorolla, got a new E8 and it is not half of the E398.

Still my phone started heating up on charge, and after a while the battery had a small bump to it, besides that the mobile will eat up the hole charge on half day, so I did what is said by every one, bought a new battery, the same goes on.

Do you guys have any idea of what can it be? I have tried to charge in another E398 and still mine eats the hole battery fast!

Thanks!
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:42:23 pm »

What is the current software? Is it possible that the cpu is overclocked?

On your position I would try to flash with another firmware to see what will go. Please note that overheating of batteries is dangerous.

sarquez
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:04:19 am »

On your position I would try to flash with another firmware to see what will go. Please note that overheating of batteries is dangerous.

Exploited, thanks for the reply, I'm actually running on a 49R, I don't recall all the details as the phone was put asside a while ago, last week I've found it at my mothers house and tought of fixing it. I know the only changes I did to the firmware was a Gaintable from another version, but it worked for at least a year like that.

About the overheating I have no idea what could be causing this!
Dedie
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 07:39:32 am »

Try to wash your pcb board with alcohol or gasoline, but becarefull of lcd... then wait till dry n let see did there still over heat...
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 01:26:59 pm »

I don't think this is the problem... Dirty PCB is a rare case and usually it gives different type of issues.

sarquez
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:54:35 pm »

I don't think this is the problem... Dirty PCB is a rare case and usually it gives different type of issues.

Yup, also I have done the washing and nothing really happened, about heating up it was normal as I'm in Brazil and the Mobile came from México, the charger is kind of different.

Still, The battery running out is pretty strange. I've done everything, and due to National Policy my mobile cannot be serviced as it is not made in Brazil or authorized by a Import Departament. As they have informed me there was a so called "problem in the mother board", but you know service shops... They will tell you that a bricked phone has to change everything to go back working (and we know this is not the case).

Any ideias? I really have no idea what to do!
sarquez
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 07:26:09 pm »

By the way, another thing I recall is that my power button has failed me in the past, and another thing is that the small battery inside (responsible for the time and date), is totally dry, could that be the problem?!?!
weirdstranges
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:36:45 am »

Exploited, thanks for the reply, I'm actually running on a 49R, I don't recall all the details as the phone was put asside a while ago, last week I've found it at my mothers house and tought of fixing it. I know the only changes I did to the firmware was a Gaintable from another version, but it worked for at least a year like that.

About the overheating I have no idea what could be causing this!

Which us MP you used?

That I know, The 49R is good on batteray. Sad May be yiou can try to another 49R MP.

And try to check your phone, if there gas any wrong things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting