Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 18, 2024, 10:22:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ROM] KB7SQI's MotoBlur V1.4.8.1 - 04/12/10  (Read 5702 times)
ZduneX25
Horrors fan :)
Global Moderator
Lord of the mod

I've missed something

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:34:29 am »

NOTE: This ROMS contains the LATEST RADIO that was RELEASED by Motorola for the T-Mobile US CLIQ.

DON'T FLASH UNLESS YOU'RE SURE YOU WANT THE LATEST BUILD!!! [size=18]You will NOT be able to revert back to older builds/radio!![/size] You can BRICK your CLIQ/DEXT if you try!

Just to make sure it's CLEAR, this means YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK TO HANDLER'S 1.X BUILDS, AN OLDER 1.3.X BASED BUILD, OR MY CLIQXT BASED BUILD IF YOU HAVE IT AFTER FLASHING THIS BUILD BECAUSE OF THE NEW RADIO, JUST LIKE IT WAS WHEN 1.3.X CAME OUT.

I FIGURED PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER ALL THE STUFF WE WENT THRU WITH THE UPDATE TO 1.3.X
[/b]

This build is based off the latest T-Mobile V1.4.8 Update for the Motorola Cliq.  If you're running my V1.3.18 build, it should be a no wipe needed update, but if you're running Handler's 1.5, my beta cliqxt build,  or have problems, wipe first!

Here's the link for build info from Motorola's site:
http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/MB200/TMO/RN_Blur_Version.1.4.8.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US.html

This update, much like the Motorola/T-Mobile Update is a two-part process.  First, you need to flash the 1.4.2 Update and then finally you need to flash the 1.4.8 build.  Both updates flash a radio update to the phone.  You've been warned.  I take no responsibility for what happens between your hands/computer/cliq. Wink  The V1.4.8 Update also includes a updated recovery image using the same stock kernel as the one in the rom. 

This build is very similar to my other builds in the past minus the extra kernel support at the moment & includes root and
- I removed Telenav, Shazam, & MySpaceClient
- Most stuff was added to /system/bin & a major update to /system/xbin. I've included terminfo support, busybox-1.15.3, telnetd, lucid, zipalign, the dropbear sshd server, e2fsck, fixperm script, iptables, mke2fs, rwsystem, rosystem, scp, tune2fs, htop, parted, etc. busybox links are properly set on flash into /system/xbin.
- I've added the FMRadio, TuneWiki, and latest QuickOffice.
- dropbear sshd is included, but is not enabled by default in the past.  I'll be adding this when I update the kernel.

After flashing the Full V1.4.8 and it's booted up the very first time make sure you have remove the /system/recovery.img if you need the space for themes, etc. 

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/recovery.img

First download & install the 1.4.2 system update.  Flash it, let it do it's thing & then reboot back into recovery and flash the second FULL update.

1. Flash Blur_Version.1.4.2.zip http://www.4shared.com/file/Ip6_cNLS/Blur_Version142.html  This is the small update.

2 Flash kb7sqi-cliq-V1.4.8.zip http://www.4shared.com/file/X7AsFG-d/kb7sqi-cliq-V148.html

Give it time to complete the flash/update process.

New Custom Kernel Update w/ support for wifi-tether:

3. Flash kb7sqi-cliq-V1.4.8.1.zip http://www.4shared.com/file/iWnAnDqp/kb7sqi-cliq-V1481.html

Make sure you've flashed V1.4.8 first & let it boot up all the way before flashing the V1.4.8.1 update, so you have get the compatible recovery flashed.  And for those that have to whine, complain about a 2/3 part update, the update from T-Mobile was a 2 part update.  I have no control over that.  The reason for the .1 release is for the simple fact that most people have their phones already setup & running.  They don't want to wipe to apply the kernel update or re-flash the radio.  The V1.4.8.1 update will also work for those who are running Jr33's de-odex'ed version & for those who have applied theme's via MetaMorph, etc.  Fair enough? 

Hope the ones who wanted to give this latest & greatest build enjoy it.  I've been running it on my stock cliq & it does seem to run much smoother than the 1.3.18 builds.  Enjoy! 

Steve

Attention to those using Metamorph, etc: So I only have to state this once, I'm posting this here. :-)

1. This is a FULL rom as most have requested features added. Meaning, if you want to use Metamorph, you'll need to put the build on a diet. I don't want to keep adding/removing stuff from the build. So, after you flash the 1.4.8 build & preferably before you reboot do the following:
a. Hook your phone up to your computer & run an "adb shell"
b. Then do a "mount -a" & then "rwsystem"
c. "cd /system/app"
d. Remove the extra fluff you want to free up space, things like geniewidget_port1.5.apk, HTC_IME.apk, PersonalPortal.apk, AmazonMP3.apk, AndroidNotes.apk, MyFaves.apk, Teeter_NoHTC.apk, NetworkAddressBook.apk, etc. Know what you're removing.
e. You need atleast 8-10 megs free on /system for MetaMorph.apk to work properly.
Once done removing stuff "cd /; rosystem" & then reboot.
2. Any old recommendations for needing a symbolic link for "cp" or anything else to busybox HAS ALREADY been taken care of! busybox & all proper links are in /system/xbin.
3. ANY older Theme using the update.zip method WILL NOT WORK w/ the new 1.4.x builds. Do NOT use them OR you'll need to re-flash the ROM to get things working properly again. Older themes using this method will need to be updated accordingly w/ the new APK's from the 1.4.8 update! Hope that explains things better w/ Metamorph, older themes & this build. :-) Take care.

All credits to: dan291000

Z.d.u.n.e.X's Stuff: Personal Site | My skins
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting