Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 26, 2024, 11:19:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenMoko Neo FreeRunner (For those who really love modding)  (Read 2737 times)
Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 06:26:55 pm »

i never saw any motomodder talk about this Phone, even though this one is not even Moto, but i really love the idea behind this device (i said device)

And the Technical Specifications * Size and Weight o 120.7 x 62 x 18.5 mm o 133 grams * Display o Touch Screen o 2.8" VGA (480x640) VGA Screen * Speed o ARM9 @ 400 MHz o 2D/3D Graphics Acceleration * GSM o Tri band 850/1800/1900 MHz o Tri band 900/1800/1900 MHz * Power o Removable 1200 mAh battery * Memory o 128MB SDRAM o 256MB NAND Flash o microSD Slot * Input and Output o Input and Output o 2.5 mm audio jack o GPS external connector * Hardware Highlights o Wi-Fi (802.1 1b/g) o AGPS o GPRS (2.5G not EDGE) o Bluetooth 2.0 o 3axis Motion Sensors (2) * Software Highlights o Openmoko GNU/Linux-based o 100% FOSS on CPU o GNU/Linux development tools

Well here's some simple explanation if you really don't want to try to figure it out, the first image is this device with a debian linux, the second one is with android, and the third one is this device original's, the fourth one..... i think you already figure it out.

OpenMoko NeoFreeRunner is a phone, made purely from Open Source, it used Linux, it doesn't bound you to certain specification, and what i mean by made purely from Open Source, i mean the hardware too, you could download the CAD (Computer-Aided Design) file, and if you somehow manage to get the hardware needed, you could build your own OpenMoko. The software use Linux, just like you see, from Android to Debian work (of course you need to work on it yourself).

So, here is what i actually dreamt since last year, but of course, i don't think i have the ability to work on it. And as far as i know, only http://toko.baliwae.com who sells this Phone in Indonesia. well, guys, are you bored with modding? why don't try this one?

PS: I forgot to tell, you could dual-boot the linuxes, and you could even boot from SD.

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:20:11 pm »

Wow, didn't know there is someone sell it here... Smiley

Yep, this phone is cool, however, I wonder if this phone is already at production use or still for developer use...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:56:02 am »

That's an awesome phone!

Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:29 am »

Wow, didn't know there is someone sell it here... Smiley

Yep, this phone is cool, however, I wonder if this phone is already at production use or still for developer use...

It's already a consumer product, and i though Baliwae still have some in stock.

That's an awesome phone!
Yes Phil, it's really a cool phone, a free thing to mod whatever you like

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting