Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 10:15:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on E398 usage  (Read 4793 times)
ranggie4
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:01:36 am »

Hello friends. I had been using this E398 for more than 3 years now and have become quite accustomed to some of it's functions and it's facilities. I'm just opening this thread for other users who are still buying them to experiment but has no prior experience with this phone. I hope long time user would be able to provide some good shortcuts to make things easier as well as tips on usage as well as settings. I'm sure that this will make new users get accustomed to the phone and get familliarised with it's features

To start things off, here's a tip which I posted on another thread and it's about your increased dialed/received numbers:

-For incoming I have changed the setting so that 50 INCOMING calls get logged for EACH TIME THE SAME NUMBER makes. This makes it easier to keep track of time of call even from the same number.

-Now for outgoing calls, I set it to 14 and also repeated same number. The reason for this is, when we go into the dialled calls list, it would show the last 7 Numbers dialed and I only need to push the joystick up once and voila, I would have the other 7 old numbers. I don't really need much in my called list anyways and it's easier to access and make quick calls.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 01:49:03 pm by ranggie4 » Logged
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:16:55 pm »

Actually,nice topic ranggie4.. It will help existing users too (I doubt there will be anymore new users Wink ) .. So lets share all our tips.. I'll post mine later..

ranggie4
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:55:34 am »

Here's a very simple one and I'm sure most will know.

If you have received an sms with a contact number in it, you can immediately press the 'Call' button (the green button) and the phone will list the number of the sender as well as list out any other numbers in the message. Just select the one you want and press the 'Call' button.

Please be informed that this function only works in Inbox. If you pressed the 'Call' button in 'Outbox', the phone will resend the message again Smiley The function does not work in 'Draft' as well. Didn't get to try in 'Notepad' thought cuz it has been disabled in my MP.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 01:49:30 pm by ranggie4 » Logged
motomaniacs
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:38:24 am »

Nice tips ranggie
ranggie4
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 01:26:07 pm »

This one i'm sure all would know but i'm posting anyhow for the new converts Smiley

You can cut, copy, paste from any fields that you can write in or edit.

Example: You can copy an address on a contact and paste it in the sms or cut out any words/sentences from an sms and use it on another. As far as I know, we don't have this function on any other phones. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
kimz
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 10:49:36 pm »

Nice, very nice tips, bro!
ranggie4
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 10:24:16 am »

Thanks kimz and I'm still waiting for more contributions. No matter how small it may seem, there's always someone else who did not know about it. Like the next one:

Did you know that u can immediately shut off the ringing tone of the phone by pressing on either one of the volume keys on the side? This will shut off the volume but the phone will continue showing the rinnging and the lights will still work to indicate a call is in progress. This is very usefull when you're in a meeting and you forgot to turn the phone to vibrate mode and a call comes in but you don't want to be rude by cutting it off.

It helps too when you want to lie to your girlfriend that you were in the toilet or something Cheesy Believe me, you don't want to be answering her when she demands to know why you cut her off while the phone was ringing

Hope for more tips from you guys. JithinSK promised one but still haven't seen any Wink
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:27:12 am by ranggie4 » Logged
ranggie4
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:45:25 pm »

You can assign a new shortcut to a program or application by simply by going to the application just like you would when you want to activate it, but just before clicking to activate the application, press and hold the 'Menu' button (just between the left and right soft buttons) and then you will be asked whether you want to assign a shortcut to the application. When you click yes, you will be brought to your 'Shortcut' menu and it will show you the application and the default number assigned for the shortcut as well as a voice command (for most MP now, please provide more info on which s/w supports this) for the application
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting