Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 18, 2024, 09:06:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't flash my ROKR !!!  (Read 6201 times)
EMARTY69
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:50:47 pm »

I've got an unlocked Cingular ROKR with the following:

R373_G_0E.30.34R
FLEX:  GSKKLG0CIN01NA05E
BOOTLOADER 0A.02

I'm not new to flashing.  Hell, I've even bricked a couple of phones!  But I don't know what's up with this phone.  I have no problem connecting to any P2K programs and doing any mods I want.  (I've "rebranded" the phone with all the AT&T crap I can find!)

Anyway, I tried using FB3 to make a backup of the phone using the "ROKR Original" profile, but I can't get past the Sending Bootloader stage.  This is what happens...

1)  Phone is recognized by FB3.  It shows all my pertinent data on the bottom  of the window.  IMEI, etc.

2) I select the ROKR Original profile

3) I check the Select All option under Read Data and hit "Go" (or whatever it is)

4) The popup window shows the progress.
-----Switching to bootloader mode (which it does)  But my phone screen is all garbled!

5) Then the progress window says sending loader, but no progress bars.  It just reports Operation Ended, and my phone stays in bootloader mode until I hit the power key.

Same thing when I tried flashing a DRM, but this time it shows the progress bar when it sends the loader and then reports errors.  The phone is not affected though.  It stays in bootloader mode.

One weird thing is, MPT and P2K programs report the phone as an E790.  Is that normal?  I would really like to flash this phone as the firmware is quite dated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
motomaniacs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:01:04 am »

as i read your post you didnt enter the BL before you connect the it to PC right>>??
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:25:59 am »

Can you go to the bootloader manually and check the bootloader number? Maybe that ROKR needs different settings. Please paste the log (I think FB places a log file), so we can bring it to Random for review

Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:53:39 am »

Have you chose the correct profile for your ROKR in FB3?

EMARTY69
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 10:30:32 am »

Thanks for the quick responses!
1) I actually tried flashing by going into the bootloader and then connecting to the PC.  That didn't work either.

2) Bootloader info:
0A.02.
SW Version: R373_G_0E.30.34R
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

3) I'll have to get the FB3 log when I get home.

4) Which other profile should I use?  I've only tried "ROKR Original".  Oh, and I tried an older version of FlashBackup, too. 2.62 I think

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:19:13 am by EMARTY69 » Logged
EMARTY69
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:19:32 am »

Here's the FB3 Log File:  http://rapidshare.com/files/43702694/FB3_Log.zip.html
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:53 pm »

I sent an e-mail to Random... hopefully he can help

EMARTY69
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 12:08:05 pm »

Thanks!  I was able to downgrade the B/L and flash another MP on it with FB 2.6.(?).  But F&B3 still doesn't sent the loader to my phone....

I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting