Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 23, 2024, 04:23:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GO MOTOROLA  (Read 13003 times)
nihilus53
« on: April 12, 2009, 01:14:03 pm »

Ok... there are many people that are saying that moto phones have bad signal, bad cameras, bad java availability and other crap. They want sony ericsson and nokia and all that other gay phones that any idiot could buy and brag. On the other hand, we motomodders have phones for professional challenge taking people. we help each other and we reach for apps and incredible content that other phone brands wouldn't even think about, like rockbox for e2. SO LETS HAVE FUN.
Lets try to make people not think, but know what motomodders can get. Lets name all the bad aspects and critisize the good ones from other brands. You could just brag becvause u have a n series nokia or a se walkman with nice sound, but you feel much more proud of bragging if u have a flashed motorola with rockbox giving it the best sound ever. So here is the proposal

lets name every possible nice aspect about the motophone you possess. so when people dont know what to buy, they find it here, lets make people want to learn how to mod. we need to have much more support. we could get to a point where even the moto company starts thinking about showing our skills and mods in their ads as part to try to sell more motorola. So here it goes. Do the same but talking about the phone u have. add other aspect s to other people's posts by quoiting them.

Rokr E2

small in size
large screen
nice stock music
decent enough camera
large community that will help you
big compatibility with many java apps.
opera web browser
compatibility with standard 3.5 mm headphones
side buttons designed for music playback
system is friendly with music playback, it will pause when you recieve a call, you can navigate on the phone while listening to music.
flashing is simple and there are many firmwares
mpkg operation when flashed
stock operating system Linux Neptune/ Bulverde
other mpkg applications can be ported to e2
video playback is fair
availability of a friendly voice command system in which you can dial, select contacts, open different sections of the phone and even order the phone to read messages out loud in an easy way.
language packs are available on community boards...

Why nokia sucks:
each time there is a new model, they abandon the last model, and erase the technical support webpage (personal experience with a 1 week old phone).
add more guys, my hands hurt because i had to write a 2000 word essay and now im writing this

Any more plz add.

ahmed
Really experienced

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:51:15 pm »

added
E2 supported 4 GBHC cards and 8 GB ones.
Has highest frequency scale of mobile processor 624 MHZ.
Can easily be overclocked or downclocked.
Skins can be loaded through phone memory or SD one...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 03:00:54 pm by ahmed » Logged
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 05:56:37 am »

Nokia are always much more expensive...

nihilus53
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:02:08 pm »

see? this isn't a bad idea! go moto!!!!
JEMAU MANAK
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 05:24:26 pm »

what about E398 ?
superb stereo sound..
onimod support (nice for me) with cheap price.
huatz84
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 06:51:50 pm »

Motorola is moddable.That's the best part I like from Moto.My sister has a Nokia 6300.She got mad coz her phone restarted repeatedly.There's no way she could do tho the phone coz you couldn't flash it by yourself.You need a flasher box to do it.That's so bad.If she had a Moto,then surely I can help her.Smiley
MotoLinux is the best OS in the world IMO.Cheesy
You could port Android,OpenMoko,QTopia and Windows 3.1 on A1200.Moto has the most complete OS.Moto has a Linux phones,Symbian phones,Windows Mobile phones,P2K phones and ODM phones.Next is Android phones.You can't find those complete OS on other brands.Cheesy
Go Moto!!! Cheesy
JEMAU MANAK
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:07:07 pm »

Motorola is moddable.That's the best part I like from Moto.There's no way she could do tho the phone coz you couldn't flash it by yourself.You need a flasher box to do it.That's so bad.If she had a Moto,then surely I can help her.Smiley
MotoLinux is the best OS in the world IMO.Cheesy

Go Moto!!! Cheesy

absolutly, Go !!
nihilus53
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 07:26:27 pm »

jesus god, how much of his yearly revenue does huatz spend on phones? he has so many. i only have 1. and im preety happy with it!
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 12:07:34 am »

he have a phone shop.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 01:10:47 am »

Okay, go Motorola... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

huatz84
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:02 pm »

jesus god, how much of his yearly revenue does huatz spend on phones? he has so many. i only have 1. and im preety happy with it!

I want to be a Moto collector but it needs a huge sum of money.I just order a V80 on eBay.Smiley
I also own a phone shop.Smiley
Btw,what phone are you using?
Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 02:53:43 am »

Oh my.....huatz sure are motophone collector already.

Oh and add up, you don't need to buy an apps just to play a GBA in your ROKR E2, and it got decent speed too, the only phone series whose faster on emulating the GBA are the symbian 60 3rd edition and up, and you won't find any of that series whose cheaper than an E2.

You can't edit the gaintable and paramtable in Nokia to suit your music need.

Nokia, and the worst Sony Ericsson are not as sturdy as Motophone.
My sister own a Sony Ericsson K530 and i can't use it to type an sms, since it felt almost like i'm gonna break the phone. it sound creaky, and felt like it could broke at any moments.
I usually use sony ericsson flipped phone, it just took me 3 months until the phone flip mechanism felt shaky, not to mention all those scratches.

huatz84
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 05:13:44 am »

Polar_BearXL,there's no one here who can beat Motomania.He's really a Moto freak.You are right absolutely.Moto has the solid design and the most durable phone.My sister's L7 had ever dropped down from the second floor and it still worked good after that.
nihilus53
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 07:34:43 am »

god imagine if a sumsung or a nokia phone had dropped. i think it would take a broom to collect all the broken pieces
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 08:20:30 am »

Samsung material is better, Nokia is worse, crappy (except the 8800)... Smiley But of course, Motorola is the best in this part...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting