Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 02:45:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: about the flash light >>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<  (Read 8693 times)
Jenson
« on: February 14, 2009, 09:03:20 pm »

anybody notice that our e2 did not hav flash light while video mode can any one make it??or can we hav a torch light like e398 using the flash light not only the screen light??
AV3LaR
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:07:19 pm »

This has been threated way too many times, is not possible, the flash light will get burn if it keep on a little too much  Embarrassed
Jenson
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »

why e398 can do it??e2 can't??
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:29:29 pm »

I think its because E2 use different type of light...... try using the camera and do multi shot with the flash, do it a few times and place your hand on the light, it is really hot.....
BlinK_
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »

This has been threated way too many times, is not possible, the flash light will get burn if it keep on a little too much  Embarrassed

Not true. I have left it on for an hour or two the other day, it is still in good condition.
Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 01:30:33 am »

i think, as long as the light intensity could be reduced greatly, then it could be turned on longer, it use an LED for the light source, and i think the reason why it could only light up momentary is that the light intensity is to great.

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 03:55:35 am »

Not true. I have left it on for an hour or two the other day, it is still in good condition.

so you have made a torchlight app??
BlinK_
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 04:11:24 am »

I was messing arround with the devices on the terminal, and somehow the flash light tured on. It was on for an hour when I noticed it. I needed to reboot my phone to turn it off.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to replicate what I did to turn the flashlight on. |:
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 08:15:14 am »

I was messing arround with the devices on the terminal, and somehow the flash light tured on. It was on for an hour when I noticed it. I needed to reboot my phone to turn it off.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to replicate what I did to turn the flashlight on. |:
telnet? maybe you can see the bash history files? Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

BlinK_
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 08:58:49 am »

Yup. This was the first idea whcih popped into my mind when I saw flashlight on. I found the telnet history files and saved them. I was able to reproduce it only once, and I think only by accidence.

As I said, I was playing with devices. "cat /dev/somedevice" and input something in. Telnet history doesn't hold any keypresses you do when you are in some program, so thats why I could not reproduce it.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:31:38 am »

Hmm... unfortunately... Sad

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

BlinK_
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 11:31:19 am »

Inspired by that sad keaglez face I tried one more time. And I succeeded. The flashlight turned on again.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1KmZf5EZKY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWINWMVDtWs[/youtube]

WARNING, THIS MAY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE. or not... I dont know really. (:
Here are the commands I typed into telnet one after another and at some time flashlight just light up.
cat modemppp
cat tty
cat modemppp
cat tty8
cat keypad0
cat kmem
cat light_sensor
dir
cat ttyS2
echo at >> ttyS2
cat ttyS0
cat ttyS1
cat ttyS2
cat ttyS3
cat ttyS3
echo at > ttyS3
ls
cat fmradio
cat ttyUSB0
cat vibrator
cat vibrator a
echo 2 > vibrator
cat urandom
cd /dev
ls
cat modemppp
cat ppp
cat sideband
cat wtm
cat zero
cat video1
cat video0
cd /dev/
ls
cat ezx_ts
cat ezxlog_p
cat full
cat roflash
cd /dev/
ls
cat keylight
echo asd > keylight
cat light_sensor

Some of these commands ar even not proper bash commands, but I did not strip anything out just to make sure I leave the "mighty" command.

Some commands may hang or quit terminal. If that occurs, I restart telnet and carry on from where I left. Other commands may require some input from me. In this case I just put some random keystrokes hit ENTER couple of times and quit by pressing CTRL + C. Then I execute next command.

It is also possible that only one command turns the flashlight on. However it is also possible that some pattern is required of several commands to accomplish the same. We can try to figure that out.

P.S. I use MAXX III.
P.S. Some interesting things happen when I "cat /dev/light_sensor". Maybe this info could be useful for some application.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 11:57:17 am »

Thanks, I'll try... For the /dev/light_sensor, you can see that its already used in sensor application, here http://www.e2mod.com/content/view/44/28/ Smiley

UPDATE:
Tried... The flash light blinking in /dev/video0 while random typing, I got it twice... But when I repeat, it just don't work... Not sure where, but somewhere near video0... However, I'm unable to keep the flash light on like BlinK_ did, but at least, its there...! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:26:10 pm by keaglez » Logged

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

BlinK_
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 03:42:08 pm »

Cool. Thanks for the effort.
Jenson
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 12:37:08 am »

yeah!i think with this new knowledge you guys can make torch with the flashlight....i think you guys also can make some funlight with flashlight like e398....good luck to you wait for your good news...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting