Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 27, 2024, 03:44:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hi this is vivek frm india here...facing prob wid my new ROKR E8.  (Read 3147 times)
vive8
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:52:18 am »

guys,....i bought my first mobile phone "MOTOROLA ROKR E8", in Last December(in India). Im completely new to these,....i juss get to knw wht does a "flash" or a "mod" means 2 days back,...n e1 still i dont knw wht "karma" does mean 'here',.... so wht im trying to say is, im completely newbie  to this field.

the prob im facing is,....recently i flashed my rokr e8 wid "bestwebs" firmware.....just to change the skins of my handset.Though flashing done successfully,...now im completely confused,..it has changed my handset completely......There is no "music ID" app and all the games show error(both tetris n sudoku)......Secondly, all my network connection settings like "browser profiles" have been changed to some foreign networks like "a1.net","E-PLUS wap",JAMBA GPRS"etc.....ther's no indian  networks(like mine is "idea telecom").......im completely confused and bit scared too,.....but i can make n' receive calls. Earlier(before flashing)  it was all well and good.

So all i just want is, the old firmware(original) tht came by default wid my e8 handset.so plz help me finding the default firmware. plz do help ASAP.plz help.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:58:55 am by vive8 » Logged
Truth
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:40:28 am »

Hey hey hey... easy there... bestwebs firmware is really cool and one of the most popular for the E8. It's faster and there are some other mods too.
MusicID you can get back though it won't be on the main menu. Just need to get the jar or jad file.
The games in particular have a different Java Certificate than the one you would have gotten when u flashed to bestwebs' firmware. You can get those working too if you just find the jar or jad files, and reinstall them. As for the connection settings and browser profiles maybe you can ask one of the great modders over on mmus.us site. I think there is an existing thread already.

Good luck...!!!
vive8
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 08:35:33 am »

thank u buddy. for ur concern.
well i have sent msg to him already.

Also if the links for default firmware for E8 are available, then its whole heartedly welcome,....plz do reply.thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting