• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Fastest MP for L7?

Started by needless, December 30, 2008, 01:51:47 am

previous topic - next topic

needless

I'm back after a long leave, I was in Israel for a couple of months. I noticed that most of them use Motorola phones most especially those who drive the taxi cabs. Not bad!

Anyways, I am back with a vengeance. I lost my E398 and I now have an L7 and have started to thinker with it with some MPs. Currently what I have installed is the Smiley_ACR (sloooow and a very persistent alarm settings which does not exit properly.. sorry).

So, anyone here knows whose got the fastest MP?

needless

I found it myself! The simpliest usually does it (r4513_g_08.b7.dcr_rb_SLiVeRMiLK!_v1.1_by_slobodanski.sbf). Nothing to complicate my already tired brain.. hee-hee!

ahmed

December 30, 2008, 09:22:58 pm #2 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:25:23 pm by ahmed
Is that true in Israel (occupied palatine) they most use motorola ?
her in most or all arab countries Nokia is the major branch any way   
there is a FW called explode for L7 i think it is the best fw for l7  so far for its stability my brother L7 device works on it..   

huatz84

What's your bootloader version? If it's 08.D0,you can try PowerFuL7L_ACR_Final by Ben007.It's a good monsterpacks.I think you'll like it.The skin is nice and more girlish.:)

needless

@ahmed: Security-wise (thinking paranoid) we all know that Motorola's on-board chips ain't exactly as secured compared to other brands. So my best guess is that it would be easier to hack on to, right? So if you are a government telecommunications expert and you want to track someone using his/her phone.. I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

@huatz84: Thank you but so far I'm quiet happy with the small fonts it has ( prevents annoying people looking into your shoulder when you use SMS or enter numbers to call).

needless

Eek! Now my L7 won't charge from either charger nor via USB from my PC... hmm, one of these days I might just quit this silly tweaking stuffs and just go out ang buy a PSP...

Was it adr. hex 207 set to "01" to enable USB? 

needless

USB not recognized after flash... my patience just worn off with these phones.... grrrrrr!!!!

huatz84

Have you try reflashing it? Or try looking for 'usb charging' menu in the phone.I think it should be on 'initial setup' menu.Turn it 'on' n connect your phone to PC. It should be charging.

ahmed

@needless
i am moto lover one and i have rokr e2 for more than 2 years now
but it is real nokia is the first brand in my country Egypt and never ever turn to it..

needless

@huatz84: That was my earlier intention (to re-flash it
but my battery ran out). My PC still won't recognize it even on boot mode (#+* power on). I was able to charge the battery using a universal clip charger but it is still the same. This never happened to me before with my old E398...

@ahmed: I believe it's just on how the marketing is being done per country on how to promote their respective mobile phone brands.

needless

Still stuck at the boot loader...

huatz84

What did you mean stucking at the bootloader? So,you still could be on bootloader mode? What's your bootloader version?

needless

January 05, 2009, 03:02:09 pm #12 Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:16:17 pm by needless
Before I could stop him, a techie wannabe thought he could impress me by performing a master reset on my L7. Tsk, bad move. Now I could not even get to settings to change my USB connections to data/fax.

I'm stuck at just a couple of working keys ( shortcuts, etc.). Nothing is happening even if I already used a few USB cables. My PC always says "USB not recognized"

Boot Loader 08.D0.
SLOBO_R4513_B7R_RB

huatz84

Have you tried it on different PC? Avoid master resetting the phone if you have modded it.

needless

@huatz84: Too late for the warning. Just like what I said earlier, the techie did that... I'll see if I can use a different PC for my problem. Otherwise, I'll just give up for a while and concentrate on a different matter.