Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
September 28, 2024, 07:08:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Permanent White screen HELP!!  (Read 5746 times)
N!TRO
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:25:12 am »

Hey Everyone

Seem to have a problem flashed my E398 from MP speed the future final 79R to Motolovers03 49R all seemed to go well except when i restarted the phone all I 
get is a white screen the phone is still working (buttons beep when pushed turns on and off sound is ok ) as far as I can tell the flash was successful except for the display being permanent white. I used flashbackup to do a full restore BG revolution 48R which worked but with the same result permanent white screen!
Please HELP!!!   THX
N!TRO
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:36:43 pm »

Bump!! is this an uncommon problem? Anyone!!!
error398
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:34:38 pm »

ermm reflash ur stock backup.. it might work
L1QU1D
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:28:59 pm »

i think you should flash another mp likes poerhardware Mps..
i think you are stuck into 79r mp..
try flash it !!
as i know that firmware had decoded for 79R stuck solution... please search in monsterpack section..
if the problem is same after flashing try to reflash 42R for all first... Wink

N!TRO
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 03:26:36 am »

Well after spending all day and some of last night I have come to the conclusion that a permanent white screen means DEATH for E398's I have searched forums, tried the suggestions above totally stripped down my phone, carried out Test Point, full backup, flashed a number of different MP's all  have been successful but you just cant see them so you cant F$#%ing use them, oh and I removed and reconnected the LCD, no luck. Result: I have a fully functional E398 that you cant use!! F@#$ing great. So I guess the E398 that can never die just DID!!!
Forums indicate this is fairly rare and no known fix. Sad time to buy a new phone!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:20:32 pm by N!TRO » Logged
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 04:31:55 am »

No need for creating two threads anyway.. topics mereged..

LVArturs
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 08:49:06 am »

Well personally I think if you did every thing that is in 'Bobzilla's Survival and Revival for E398', and it doesn't helped then your phone is dead for ever.
N!TRO
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 05:36:44 am »

Problem solved Smiley as simple as leaving the battery out over night and all is back to normal. woot!!!! Maybe these E398's don't know how to DIE!! lol.
NiKSY
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 06:18:31 am »

Wtf why you got upset on us... If we say that it never dies, its because we fixed it a lot of times and know how to do it.. First time is always the hardest, like with everything else...

And LOL, my e398 fixed itself a couple of times also... Its really a cool phone Wink
rheezz
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:55 am »

Agree with u Niks, this phone is so cool...
I ever got a problem that my phone blinking all the time. I did All repairation methods, but still keep on blinking. Surrended, and take off its Battery.
Couples day after that, I try to turn it on... WTF#§%, it's on and back to normal again, unbelievable!
N!TRO
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:05 am »

Hey NiKSY 

I'm not upset with anyone here just me phone m8, seems this problem was a bit of an unknown anyways all good now Smiley

NiKSY
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:56 am »

Im not sure about your problems, but trust me mate, this model is going on its 5th birthday and ALL KINDS OF problems were solved... Everything can be fixed if some part of hardware didnt die Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting