Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 02:16:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery/Firmware Problem?!  (Read 4946 times)
cristy_ganea
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:29:47 am »

I've recently flashed my phone (E398) with RGF 49R firmware. I don't have problems with the firmware, it works great (thanks to BG and all others who contributed to the FW), but there is something wrong...After I fully charged my battery, I listened to a mp3 song for about 4-5min. at max volume and after that the phone had only 1 bar out of 3...I listened to another song for 3 min. and after that the phone was giving me "low battery"...but I looked at my battery status in Synerj Tools, and it was saying that my phone had more than 70% battery and 3,8V ...now I don't know where's the problem...is the firmware the problem ?
argetlam
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:38:01 am »

Umm,jut an advice. I broke my resistor's audio (its burned) bcoz i use my external speaker to listening music with max volume,in gain 8 and master gain 8. So, its better 4 U to not use Ur speaker at max volume. Try to restarting ur phone. If that still happen, reflashing maybe should help U. If U have an multitester, check Ur battery voltage at full charged. If it less than 3,8 volt, Ur battery is leak. But if Ur batt is OK, yeah, maybe its caused by software.
cristy_ganea
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:02:51 am »

I'll empty the battery and then charge it completely. I'll leave it for several minutes out of the phone and measure its voltage Wink
NiKSY
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:17:53 am »

I'll empty the battery and then charge it completely. I'll leave it for several minutes out of the phone and measure its voltage Wink

Its better to charge your battery whenever you can instead of emptying it completely and then charging Smiley
argetlam
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 07:21:25 am »

Niksy right Smiley It just to meke sure that Ur batt is working well.
cristy_ganea
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:30:03 am »

I've charged the battery until the phone said "charge complete", removed it and checked it with a multitester. It had 4,22V Smiley. I think the problem is because of the high values of the gaintable...probably now when listening to a 5min. song on max volume the speakers drain a lot of energy from the battery and the battery icon goes empty very shortly...but not as shortly as the phone says (it says 'low battery' after 10 min. of mp3s on the speakers on max volume , and when I check the battery in Synerj Tools it has more than 70%).

Edit: I've encountered this problem on RGF, MotoMusiq v3 and Revolution 2.0 MPs...when I had the stock 42R_for_all firmware, the battery lasted longer (battery dropped 1 bar after about 7 hours). Currently I have Revolution 2.0 MP.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:36:08 am by cristy_ganea » Logged
argetlam
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 03:37:51 am »

My phone can stand until 1 hours to lestening music by external speaker in volume 3 Smiley

Dont use the speaker to working so hard. The most hard problem is Ur hardware may damaged bcoz the vibration from the speaker. Better to listen the music from an audio connected to Ur e398.
cristy_ganea
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:05:31 am »

Well, the problem is more serious, because after I listen music 10 min. on the speaker (max or level 6 volume), the phone says battery low, but I can listen for about 1 hour continuously on speaker on level 6 volume (with the Revolution 2.0 firmware) and after that the battery gives up...so the phone warns me about the battery being low, but the battery in reality has a lot of energy left...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:26:39 am by cristy_ganea » Logged
argetlam
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:39 pm »

Try to restarting Ur phone when that trouble came. If Ur phone still detect the batt as low, but in the fact the batt still have a lot of energy, maybe the trouble comes from Ur firmware or the IC power
cristy_ganea
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 12:08:56 pm »

I made a partial battery format (played mp3 on the phone until the battery ran out of energy, charged it completely) and now it seems that the phone lasts longer (it has still got a bar on battery and i've listened mp3s at handsfree for about 30min. at volume 4/7, then listened mp3s for about 15-20min. on volume 6/7 on speakers, talked for about 5 minutes on the phone and listened again for 5-10min. on speakers, volume 1/7). things are better now. thank you everybody for your help. really appreciate it.

One more problem : has anyone got the MTV Hijacked Full Backup (32mb, .bin format) ? I really need it ! All links are dead and I can't find it anywhere Sad ! I've googled it and nothing Sad.
argetlam
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 06:02:01 am »

I think its not normal condition. My e398 can be used to listening music from headset for about 4-7 hours...
class_mild
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 06:03:31 am »

hi, where i can find mobile phone tools for my C650? please......
cristy_ganea
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 12:07:13 pm »

I think its not normal condition. My e398 can be used to listening music from headset for about 4-7 hours...

I can listen too for about 6-7 hours from headset, but not at maximum volume I think... and I don't listen that much...I mean I listen continuously for about an hour music on headset/speakers then take a break Tongue
sumitk31
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 09:09:21 pm »

has anyone got the MTV Hijacked Full Backup . Please send me the download link
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting