Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 26, 2024, 07:21:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keyboard problem  (Read 10071 times)
xrabreneca
« on: April 04, 2008, 04:08:52 am »

Hi dudes I was making backup with flashbackup and the electricity stop Sad After that i return to old backup but my keyboard didn`t work Sad I flash it few times and it doesn`t work Sad Please help me to make it work Sad Sorry for the bad english

Edit: Only the red button works
rheezz
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:44:29 am »

I've ever see it happened to my friend's phone. And the diagnose is hardware problem. Just like this, u can only use red button, bcoz there is a shorcut on others pin buttons! Solution, disasemble ur phone, and cleans ur keypad board, joystick, and everywhere u find dust... I've done it to my friends phone, and now it works well...
Cheers... thanks...
SkyPioneer
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:54:26 am »

I really want to help, and even though I don't know much about this, I will link to a related article.
This guide is for disassembling your E398.
http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/471/25/
rheezz
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 05:54:43 am »

thanks skypioneer...
xrabreneca
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:32:36 am »

I've ever see it happened to my friend's phone. And the diagnose is hardware problem. Just like this, u can only use red button, bcoz there is a shorcut on others pin buttons! Solution, disasemble ur phone, and cleans ur keypad board, joystick, and everywhere u find dust... I've done it to my friends phone, and now it works well...
Cheers... thanks...

I clean it but still nothing Sad After several restarts # and 0 works. Can you tell me another reason for that and may be how to repair it ?
edit: Wow some strange things happen... when the phone is off i can load the boot screen with * and # but when it is on * doesn`t work Shocked
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:42:04 am by xrabreneca » Logged
NiKSY
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 07:31:17 am »

Cheers... thanks...

I clean it but still nothing Sad After several restarts # and 0 works. Can you tell me another reason for that and may be how to repair it ?
edit: Wow some strange things happen... when the phone is off i can load the boot screen with * and # but when it is on * doesn`t work Shocked

Reflash reflash reflash.. I know MANY people have fixed it that way, I remember from MoMo Wink
Flash some new full mp, maybe 42R for all.. That should do the trick
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 08:15:54 am »

I got an E398(virgin Smiley Smiley ) yesterday with the same problem (only RED button works).. After hours of cleaning,flash,reflash etc etc I gave up and handed over to the service centre... More info tomorrow.. :S

rheezz
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 08:39:43 am »

I found it happened to mine, I opened it and found that there is something wrong on my joystick. Normally I didn't press it, but it seem that joy-down is pressed. That's why my keys gone bad, only red that works, revived now. Different with my friend's. That is located on keypad terminal- only red is fine. So, the problem can be anything! just check everything that results like this.
xrabreneca
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 12:55:02 pm »

10x I`ll start reflashing and if there is no success i will give it to service Sad 10x again. Later will write again for the result ;]
Already tryed twice but no success Sad Still trying....
Again no success Sad I go to sleep and tomorrow i`ll try again
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:04:59 pm by xrabreneca » Logged
NiKSY
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 02:46:16 am »

10x I`ll start reflashing and if there is no success i will give it to service Sad 10x again. Later will write again for the result ;]
Already tryed twice but no success Sad Still trying....
Again no success Sad I go to sleep and tomorrow i`ll try again

Sorry then... I dont know... Never had that problem so far  Lips Sealed
xrabreneca
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 04:32:45 am »

damn..... so f#ckd up Sad I`ve never though that the end will be like this :=/
sry for the bad english
argetlam
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 06:07:54 am »

Thats stranger... Try to reflash it with R373_FOR_ALL, or in other word, upgrade Ur E398. Maybe its bcoz the damaged firmware in Ur backup.
xrabreneca
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 11:57:52 am »

The same efect Sad Still only the red button works... But the strange is that i can enter boot loader when the phone is off with holding # + * and the red button :lol:
argetlam
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 06:25:01 pm »

PC can detect Ur phone?its stranger.
xrabreneca
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 01:34:33 am »

The phone works, everithing but the keyboard is perfect Sad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting