Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 23, 2024, 04:56:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! E1  (Read 8273 times)
gtg
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:45:15 am »

I am new to this forum.
My story is. I have a Rokr E1 phone and suddently froze the other day.
It was not water but the keypad the only button that works is POWER. I have my phone to ask me a code everytime I turn it on. The worst is that I have all my contacts saved on my phone. Is there a way to recover this and maybe why not get my rokr back to use. I recently purchase the cable. So i have it
The phone is ON asking me for the codes but the keyboard the only thing that works is POWER button.
Help me please
motomaniacs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:35:30 pm »

can you go to bootloader mode? if you can go backup your phone (you will backup your phone book also) then flash new mp (or several) see if the same problem show up. if it does it must be hardware problem

cmiiw
nalimen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:53:03 pm »

i think it's hardware problem, like just what happend to my friends handset some times ago,it's problem on your keypad PCB, you have to replace it, we can do it my self, by opening the chase,sadly, we can't find full set of PCB on market (we can't find it on Indonesian market, i don't know on other country).we only can get blank PCB (without ICs and socet).
the solution is bring your phone to service, ask them to replace your keypad PCB.
gtg
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:29:50 am »

Trying to save all contacts on the phone, I was able to get a file with extension PBB using a software i found here called MOTODATARECOVERY. The file is about 4 kb. I hope it has all phonebook entries stored to phone. The big deal is now to open or convert such file to CSV So i can see all the info.

I love rokr phones. I ll probably replace my E1 (with no functional keypad) with E8  when it comes out. Does anybody know when?
Thank you so much for your support
nalimen
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:46:31 pm »

why don't you just use MBT or P2k tools at AT mode, it's back up straight to CSV format.
gtg
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 07:14:03 am »

I tried P2K several times under AT mode and it does not work, it doesnt read phonebook entries. I think it's because the the phone s locked. It's asking me for my password but there is nothing I can do, keypad is useless except for the power button. What is MBT?
I can see all files on my phone with moto explorer, but cant retrieve phonebook
prasasti
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 08:28:44 am »

What about Motorola Phone Tool, hav u try it? It can back up phonebook, message and more.
gtg
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:28 am »

as i said. I have an useless keypad. How do i enter unlock code? The phone tool asks for the phone to be unlocked.
I have just flashed the phone with a newer firmware. The good is that I get to enter AT MODE in P2K I could read now the old sim card from what used to be at&t before cingular bought it. That sim card got most of my contacts.
BEFORE I FLASHED THE PHONE I SAVE A FILE CALLED DL_DMH_File  TO MY PC. THAT MIGHT BE THE FILE THAT THE PHONE STORED CONTACTS SAVE ON THE PHONE. I NEED TO OPEN THAT FILE . ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:14:12 am by gtg » Logged
nalimen
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:29 pm »

as i said. I have an useless keypad. How do i enter unlock code? The phone tool asks for the phone to be unlocked.
I have just flashed the phone with a newer firmware. The good is that I get to enter AT MODE in P2K I could read now the old sim card from what used to be at&t before cingular bought it. That sim card got most of my contacts.
BEFORE I FLASHED THE PHONE I SAVE A FILE CALLED DL_DMH_File  TO MY PC. THAT MIGHT BE THE FILE THAT THE PHONE STORED CONTACTS SAVE ON THE PHONE. I NEED TO OPEN THAT FILE . ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU

Please don't use caps lock, i think it's not polite.

sorry, i meant MPT (like prasasti's said, Mobile Phone Tools), it also can back up phone book on CSV file, you can get it on the CD which include when you buy e398. if you buy your phone not from the dealer, and you didn't get the CD, you can download or buy that CD.

Sorry, but i can't get your main asking on this thread, accessing phone book, or trouble shoot to your keypad problems??
if your main ask is acessing phone book, you can try P2K at AT mode,after reading, you can back upi on CSV mode, or using MPT and back up it on CSV format.
if your main ask is how to solve your error keypad, i guess you had to bring it on service center,you have to replace your keypad board, but f you can do it yuor self, you can do it your self.

gtg
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:48:23 am »

I have tried all those software before I reflashed my phone with the newest firmware available
None Of them allows me to see my phonebook or export it as CSV format. since they can only do so if phone is unlock and there is no way i could enter 4 digit security code with a non functional keyboard. The phone ask for this code everytime it 's restarted. It froze and restarted itself and the keyboard never worked again
All I could get was a DL_DMH_File  to my desktop (File that holds all contact info on the phone according to what I have read)
And a file called PhobeBook_Backup_12.36_22.01.2008.pbb  using a software call MotoDataRecovery
That's all I have for now.
My main asking thread now is how do I open or covert any of those two files to CSV
nalimen
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 11:54:54 am »

sorry dude, i never realize that we can't back up PB or calender without entering unlock key when our phone on automatic keylock mode.

all my suggest is , replace your board keypad, cause i think it's hardware problems.
motomaniacs
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 11:55:19 am »

hmp.. do you have friend who own e1 too?
flash your current fw to your friend's phone then you could see your phonebook now.. offcours you must backup your friend's phone
gtg
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 10:20:03 pm »

It's too late now.
I flashed my e1
 the only backup I have is the DL DMH FILE. related to phonebook entries on the phone and another option is the .PBB file . If I could open correctly any of the two, or covert to CSV file I m done. Using a hex editor I was able to open first file but it's a pain reading or guessing numbers wich appear in all kind of order.
nalimen
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 11:59:35 pm »

hmp.. do you have friend who own e1 too?
flash your current fw to your friend's phone then you could see your phonebook now.. offcours you must backup your friend's phone

sory dude, i think he should flash the flex not the fw, as i know, phone book is saved on flex not on fw.
It's too late now.
I flashed my e1
 the only backup I have is the DL DMH FILE. related to phonebook entries on the phone and another option is the .PBB file . If I could open correctly any of the two, or covert to CSV file I m done. Using a hex editor I was able to open first file but it's a pain reading or guessing numbers wich appear in all kind of order.

and now how is your phone??does your problems about keypad solved after flashing??what MP you've flashed??
motomaniacs
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 12:57:40 am »

@nalimen
what i called firmware means full firmware not just  cg1
you just quoted my post dude ,...did i mentioned to flash cg1 ?? i dont think so..
i know phonebook located on cg2 you dont have to teach me again...
but i dont want the thread starter to be confused because i know you're so master here then the thread starter..
sorry masta

cheers
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting