Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 18, 2024, 01:04:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White screen of death :S  (Read 4012 times)
Bayo
« on: November 10, 2007, 04:55:02 am »

Hey I have a Motorola E398 and I decided to put in some new skins. I used P2K Tools but I was quite sure I did something wrong there so I tried Skins Manager. I put in a few new skins and restarted the phone. But now it wont start again :S I come to the screen saying "Hellomoto"and then it like shuts down and tries to restart but all that comes up is a white screen and it tries to restart again but all that comes up is a white screen. So basicly when I start my phone a white screen comes up. I havnt found a way to fix the phone but I would approsiate if u could help me since I'm not really good at this  Sad
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 05:43:29 am »

Did you play with mma_ucp file?
You can recover by flashing an MP..

are_goenk
Moto Freak
Global Moderator
Graduated modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 07:43:01 am »

@ Bayo
I think you accidently deleted the primary skin or using wrong mma_ucp or using incompatible skin.
The only way to solve your problem is reflashing your CG2 (Flex) with CG2 from firmware that you are using.

Bayo
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 01:48:38 pm »

I'm quite sure I did not delete the primary skin and I doubt I used incompitable skins, can't say for sure tho. I was gonna try flashing with a MP but in the tutorial I got to enter booloader which I can't at this point. Is there another way and could u tell me how to reflash my CG2 (Flex) with CG2 from firmware or maybe post a link where I can read about it? anything would be great. Thx for answering at all and so fast =]
MATRICE
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 05:56:14 pm »

ow!if u want to know bout flex.u can look in to M3.in guide seison.
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:19:05 pm »

Did you flash your e398 before? If not,you have to flash 42R_for_all MP first.. Just connect your phone to FlashBackup and then flash (FB will turn your phone into bootloader mode)

BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 10:28:12 pm »

exactly the same thing happened to me... i suggest that you flash 42R_for_all if you have R372 or another monster pack if you have R373.

Just power the phone by simultaneous pressing * + # + Red button (by doing this you will enter in bootloader) and connect you phone to the pc... it might ask to install some more drivers... install them and enter Flash Backup 2.62 or RSD Lite (as you wish.. both of them are good programs for flashing). Now just flash an mp (42R_for_all if it's your first flashing process)

If there's still no success with the normal key combination... try a force boot

Force BootLoader:
You will need:
-2 needels
- your mobile
- will of forceing it('cause it's a bit hard for the first time)
-OPTIONAL: Third hand or help of friend

Step 1:
Take away your battery from your mobile
Step 2:
Take 2 niddles and and make pin 4 and 5 to marge via niddles(I do not know english good enought to write it another way)
Pins 4 and 5 are red pins on this picture

Step 3:
Put your battery back in your mobile pins must be still marged(here you will realise why you need 3 hands)
Step 4:
Take away niddles away and check if there is a BootLoader in the screean if not go back to Step 1 if yes flash mobile
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:33:00 pm by BruceLee » Logged
Bayo
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 06:42:38 am »

Mouahaha I did it! Cheesy i'm very very thankful for your help, couldn't have done it without your help Cheesy I did exactly as BruiceLee said (like almst as everyone of you said). And not only that, I love moding and enhancing stuff so I wont stop at this point Tongue I will try some other MP's I guess and other stuff. Got new nice skin on the phone now and all. But the text message menus seem to be in a different language so I'm gonna get another MP I guess Tongue Atleast I know how to do it now =] If theres anything I can do to return a favor then let me know. Love ya! Peace =D
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:06:14 am »

Thats ok. Just be careful and do backups before modifying anything in your phone.
BusterKeaton
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 03:45:35 pm »

that thing always happens to me! dont panic so easily!  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting