Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 29, 2024, 04:08:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: downgrade r372?  (Read 8098 times)
ugur67
« on: September 22, 2007, 07:14:26 pm »

how r373 downgrade r372???
r373>r372?
thanks..
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:48:58 pm »

Restoring R372 full backup.. Flashing an R372 MP will not work..

BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:56:18 am »

if you want to downgrade you must restore a backup of r372.
if you don't have any r372 backup it's a bit complicated. you must edit the pds and / or make a new one i don't really now the entire process but i know there is a tutorial for this i read something a couple of days ago.

Edit:
I found it: http://e398essentials.wikispaces.com/R373_TO_R372_PDS_Conversion
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 01:57:55 am by BruceLee » Logged
ugur67
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 02:33:33 am »

can you upload r372pds
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 03:06:30 am »

sorry but i can't give you any pds. you must create your own from your current pds. i think you don't get the ideea. the pds is unique for each and every phone. you can't use a pds from another phone. you must make a backup of your current pds and edit it as it says in that tutorial. after that you can flash the original r372 firmware.
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:55:11 am »

Wonder why you need a downgrade Huh?

nishanth_r
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:25:20 am »

Hi,
This is just a suggestion, but u could try it out:
1) Make a full backup of your phone first.

2) Backup your bluetooth seem( the seem which holds your bluetooth address)
use this software (http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/178/28/)

3) Use Moto Repair studio to create a new PDS.

4) After that, when you press * + # + red button, if it doesn't show bootloader, flash bootloader 07.D0

5) Now you can flash any R372 flash file. restore your bluetooth address.

Try it out

EOG
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 08:10:00 am »

MRS delate 00AB seem and this is seem of BT address so if you use MRS and do not upgrade to E1 using 42R_for_all you will alway have BT addres like this FF:FF:FF....

And here are mode disadvantages of using MRS
As the pds created by MRS is not perfect and has side effects, I suggest that you do it as a last resort. In many cases, you can still backup your own pds eventhough the phone appears to be dead. Once you use MRS, your original pds will be gone for good. So be sure that you know what the consequences are:

The hardware version of your E398 will be changed to AAUG1569AB. This particular information comes from seem 0016 in the C650 special pds.
Your bluetooth address will be changed to ff:ff:ff:ff as the C650 special pds does not have seem 00AB where the bluetooth address is kept.
The aforementioned problem with boot loader screen in flashing method.
nishanth_r
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 09:03:29 am »

@EOG,
true, but when you save that seem, you can restore it after downgrading right? apart from a new PDS, which will support R372, there wont be anything wrong. In case anything goes wrong, you still have your R373 backup to restore. So i think he can give this a try. I dont think it will hurt much  Grin or am i wrong?
error398
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 09:09:09 am »

hey.. i have this situasion be4, i've done flashing E398 to E1 for my click.. then he wanted to change the housing/casing.. so he just send to the shop for changing the casing.. after change the casing, that phone turn it back to R372.. how could they do it..

AFAIK, we must restore fullbackup from our phone itself right? its a weird  Undecided
EOG
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:59:14 am »

true, but when you save that seem, you can restore it after downgrading right? apart from a new PDS, which will support R372, there wont be anything wrong.

No 'cause PDS from MRS does not support seem 00AB and even if you submit it to mobile this seem will not be used. It will not be used 'cause other seem(I do not know which one and I do not think that anyone[besides Motorola] knows) will not tell the firmware that the address is stored in 00AB seem so it will give us nothing

Quote from: Raunamaxtor
hey.. i have this situasion be4, i've done flashing E398 to E1 for my click.. then he wanted to change the housing/casing.. so he just send to the shop for changing the casing.. after change the casing, that phone turn it back to R372.. how could they do it..

I think(pretty sure) that Motorola services has a special program that generates PDS to mobile. I mean they just fill IMEI and BT address and others boxes and it generates itself so when they repair mobile in  official Motorola service you get everything new not just firmware and flex.
nishanth_r
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 12:51:50 pm »

@EOG,
Ya, i guess it makes sense. So if there is no backup, u're playing in the dark Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting