Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 01:50:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What tool to use?  (Read 3571 times)
RokrIsHumanToo
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:51:39 pm »

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to bring my rokr alive again (it's dead after downgrade the BL to 07DO), and found some great advice to try from this forum. But i have something to ask.

On some threads, people gives advice about what should do by using some software. For example, to flash phone, use tool A, or to send ramldr, use tool B, etc.

Is it a must to use certain software, or is it just a suggestion? I mean, some tools like F&B have flashing and send ramldr menu inside it, so can i use it to flash and send ramldr instead of using the suggested tools? Or is it possible that on some case, flashing with tool A won't work, but flashing with tool C will work?   
error398
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:01:12 pm »

its an option, if tool A doesnt work with ur phone, try tool B.. if is still not help u will choose tool C.. if nothing helps too.. there will others way to revive ur phone  Wink

before u flash.. highly recommended that u must FULL backup
motomaniacs
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:15:51 pm »

yes just do the following steps to revive your phone
gayoe
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:01:54 pm »

every motorola phone had different tool. in my experience with e398, i use FB 2.62 to make backup and restore, MFF or RSD lite to flash.
but in ROKR, i just use one all function tool FB 3.06 (full version) to make backup, restore, flash, patch (online or offline).
RokrIsHumanToo
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:47 pm »

Oh okay then, thanks for all. I'll try to use F&B 3 (still having few tries to run Wink.   It's because i can't find MFF tool anywhere and it's been suggested in many tutorials.
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:11:50 pm »

MFF is a part of PST (Phone support tools).. Google it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting