Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 30, 2024, 06:08:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scary Experience!! Phone Dead !! and Revived of course :)  (Read 2709 times)
deepaksrivastav
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:09:16 am »

Hi all,

I had just become a member of MotoHell today morning and downloaded the Maneesh's Xclear monster pack and started flashing it !

I got a major shock ! my e398 was dead !
One of my stupid friend "accidently" shook my phone when i was flashing it! (believe me it wasn't an accident!) and phone got shut down !

I tried to load the boot loader, and BAM! Not working !
I somehow knew there are lots of people who have revived the phone since i am keeping track of modding for a long time now.!

I have flashed my phone more than 30 times and this was the first time it got dead!

I connected the USB cable and tried to get into boot loader, the device did not detect!

Finally, i opened the Survival and Revival guide in E398Mod.com and tried the force reboot method by shorting the pins 4 and 5 in the P2K port! and VOILA !!! Was jumping when i saw the boot loader !

Reflashed the phone and everything is working fine now Smiley

I thank the person who wrote the survival and revival guide!

Just love this phone ! Can't part with it even for a second !

Glad to be a part of this forum Smiley

Thanks
Deepak

Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:20:00 pm »

As an e398 modder,you must have experience with forcebooting. Thanx to your 'stupid'friend. Wink
And from here onwards,dont get scared on these occasions. Our e398 is unkillable. Smiley

needless
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 02:20:57 am »

Same thing happened to me on my first flash attempt. I had nudged the data cable accidentally when I attempted to move my keyboard. Good thing I had hard copies of the revival guide.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting