Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 29, 2024, 04:23:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bootloader and more...  (Read 4035 times)
heavypilot
« on: December 16, 2009, 01:49:38 am »

I've been reading about the different bootloaders and which one is best for the v3i. If I remember correctly it's the oa.61, anyway my question is, how do you tell which bootloader is being used? Both of my sons have V3i's (non iTune) and my wife and I have V3xx.

My second question,  my sons have the game, "Tri Peaks Solitaire" and I want it.  I can buy it from media mall ( AT&T ) for $7.00 to work on my phone.  Can I copy it from my sons phone to my own?
Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:50:07 pm »

umm, you should ask in the V3 section, there's a dedicated section for it, and about the bootloader, as far as i know, bootloader aren't that crucial parts, what you really want to do is to mod it, you should check the Monster Pack Section. and about the game, my best sugestion is to rebuy it, moto didn't save the java file

PackPunk
Cool guy
PHD modder

ROKR User (Not the zombie)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 06:40:49 pm »

AFAIK, turn off your phone and press "*+#+power on" will open the bootloader mode, and you'll see your bootloader version there.

And the second one, I'll call it Java Apps. You can use Motorola Midlet Manager, find it here.
You can save your Java Apps to PC and/or install to your phone.

E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:37:59 pm »

Do not change bootloaders. It's senseless!

Suraj
Global Moderator
New, but not n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:40:23 pm »

exchanging the phone with your son is the best and easiest way

nstead:

I have a
moto defy
Phantom2009
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 05:46:56 pm »

I've been reading about the different bootloaders and which one is best for the v3i. If I remember correctly it's the oa.61, anyway my question is, how do you tell which bootloader is being used? Both of my sons have V3i's (non iTune) and my wife and I have V3xx.

My second question,  my sons have the game, "Tri Peaks Solitaire" and I want it.  I can buy it from media mall ( AT&T ) for $7.00 to work on my phone.  Can I copy it from my sons phone to my own?

Please find a match version of Monster Pack's BootLoader with your phone's BootLoader.

Example (wrong example):
Your phone's BL Version: 0A.02
Monster Pack's BL: D7.08

Example (right example):
Your phone's BL Version: 0A.02
Monster Pack's BL: 0A.02

I'f you've installed the Monster Pack that mismatched version, you're phone maybe get stuck, so avoid it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting