Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 23, 2024, 11:51:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For every linux expert who wish to help someone in new year  (Read 2734 times)
Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:45:19 pm »

Okay, it seems funny, but i'm really in quite stuck situation, i'm using Acer Aspire One, with no cd-rom, last night (while everyone celebrating New Year) my GRUB show error 17, okay, that's not something hard to do, since i have a Ubuntu 8.10 Ultimate Gamer DVD, but i don't have any dvd rom nor a Flashdisk big enough to fit it in, but i manage to copy the DVD into the harddisk, after using Damn Small Linux to reinstall my Grub, and enter windows. And then i use wubi to install the Ultimate Gamer from the hardisk, it runs well, and i can easily install it, no problem then? well, here is where the nightmare began, since it's already midnight (early morning to be exact), i left the installation to run alone, and go to sleep, when i wake up, i was greeted with "GRUB error 17" AGAIN!!!!!!!

Well, i calmly put my DSL again (from a flash disk), reinstall the GRUB, AND THIS TIME IT STILL GIVE ME GRUB ERROR 17, well, right now, i'm quite confused myself, so for anyone who can help me, please help me, at least this can be tutorial for everyone who's using netbook too and wanna play around with Linux. :'(

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:47:52 am »

check this out: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=442945

Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:13:42 am »

Thanks Phil, digging into it now, it's just weird that my live cd installer can't seem to read the partition other than the flashdisk that i use to boot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting