Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
June 01, 2024, 01:34:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My girlfriend is starting a new job  (Read 4389 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:25:38 am »

My girlfriend is almost a Bachelor of Biology (only the final test remains)... She wanted to start a job connected with biology - botanics or algae preferred, but any other science job is welcome. I admire her decision.

Sadly in Bulgaria such jobs are extremely rare. You can be a salesman, IT or taxi driver with no problems, but if you want to do science - you are doomed. So she was - after months of searching she finally found a good government job related with microbiology. Everything is perfect - the job is not very dynamic, upgrade of university degrees is welcome, it is near the place where we live... so everything is perfect except one thing - the salary. I don't know if you people will believe in what I will say, but her salary is going to be only $215 (140 EURO) per month. For comparison as a sales of books she was able to get around 300-350 EURO per month before. When I was a level 1 technical support IT person I was getting 500 euro and as team leader - 600 euro...

It is an extremely sad that my country is trying to destroy the smart people. Such salaries are insulting for the people with education. How can a scientist with prestige, responsible, hard and important job can get times less than a person selling books on the market with no education at all... I can't believe that I am still living in this country.

NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:49:22 am »

Its like that in most of the countries, Im sure... And it is terrible...
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:26:08 am »

It's not the same man... A friend of mine got an offer for PHD in Bristol England with salary of 1000 GBP per month. So they give you that money with cheap house and almost free food - only to study at their university!

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:46:08 pm »

is all government job there have low salary??
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:04 am »

yes :*(

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 12:10:03 am »

wow....that's bad....my father works for the government here......he get about like 720 EUR something.......
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:11:06 am »

only the police and army get a lot of money...

My salary in the university is less than 250EURO, so I have to work on two (some weeks three) jobs Smiley

hyetik
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:02:01 am »

It's not the same man... A friend of mine got an offer for PHD in Bristol England with salary of 1000 GBP per month. So they give you that money with cheap house and almost free food - only to study at their university!

1000gbp is not enough.
I know a waiter who earn 6000gbp:) that's amazing.
I didn't wanted to be an engineer I am not stupid. I will be a waiter:)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 04:13:53 am »

I am talking about money that they give you in order to just study with them. That's not a job - that's continuation of education (in Bulgaria we PAY for that)...

So so so sad to be in BG Sad

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 05:25:30 am »

Malaysia always welcome you here.... Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting