Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 25, 2024, 02:12:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I interchange AER SOFTWARE for DCR?  (Read 5772 times)
SHEHU AS
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:12:27 am »

My second L7 has the following Boot
loader 08.DO
Sw version R4513_G_08.B7.AER_RB
and does not accept some softwares such as mediaviewer etc.
But my first L7 with
Bootloader 08.DO
SW Version R4513_G_08.07.DCR_RB
accepts all those rejected by the first.
Can I FLASH the AER with the DCR software? Won't there be problem(s) if I do that? Help needed please! I want to enjoy my two phones.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:14:20 am by SHEHU AS » Logged
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:01:55 am »

yes you can - same boot loaders, same major revisions. I do not see any problems - you can flash it and enjoy it.

P.S. Hopefully your phone is not locked by your provider. If that's the case - you may get some trouble

therabitia
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »

I think its okay to flash your l7 using AER,DCR,EOR,ACR,ABR,DER as long as U flash an MP with same BL.each of them has different characteristics.for ex,ABR is faster fw,ACR has ringtone from TF,EOR is stuck fw,DCR n DER r faster than A_R fw.I will post U cmplete explanation soon cuz I am using opera now.
SHEHU AS
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 03:31:50 am »

Thanks a million! I'm eagerly waiting for the full explanation.
SHEHU AS
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:47:53 am »

Thanks a lot. I tried it about 4 to 6 timrs. Sometimes after flashing the phone hanged on the bootloader screen and somtimes it went blank. I had to reflash the original software which I backed up to bring the phone back to life.
What will be the solution?
rmrunner
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:23:30 am »

AER is a sticky mp.meaning that you can only flash over pds patched mps.you can find a list of them below

LINK:

http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=190

ps.you need to login to download.its totally free
GEANICEV
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 05:25:25 am »

You can easily move to non sticky FW with method same as downgrade bottloader. Trust me, it works perfectly
himanshu
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 01:03:44 am »

You can easily move to non sticky FW with method same as downgrade bottloader. Trust me, it works perfectly

He's already on preferred bootloader 08.D0, so there is no need to downgrade bootloader.. just patch the MP with which u wanna flash with d pds patch as u have a sticky (AER and EOR are both sticky firmwares), which doesn't allow corelets i.e media viewer and iTunes, virtual corelet etc.. so u need to flash an MP which is already pds patched!!

hope this helps u!
SHEHU AS
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 09:27:13 am »

Thanks everyone. I have downgraded to 08.DO. Thanks to M3. I have flashed DARLING and I am really enjoying it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting