Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 07:25:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Paint your Old V3  (Read 4467 times)
Nabokov
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:43:55 pm »

Ok so My sisters Old V3 that she had for ages Finaly broke, so she though, I took it apart and all that was wrong with it was some plugs conecting the bottom and the top screen part were loose, my sister whent out and got some Nokia. So ok i fixt it and now i have me an old V3 that works, but one problem, IT WAS PINK yes she had a pink V3, so i said ok il paint it. And it turned out not to bad looking, so im going to try and explaine how to paint a V3. Il start off with the finisht product

Ok to start with you will need some stuff, Primer , paint ,clear coat ,sand paper ,3M rubbing stuff

make shore you get the 2000 grit sandpaper

all this cost me no more than 10 bucks at the local Chekers or Autozone

First thing u need to do is take off the panels of the phone, the face plane and the battery cover.
sand the parts you just took off with the 2000 grit sandpaper, you dont need to sand the old finish of just scuff it up and make shore its some what smooth.
Next stem is to Find a 100% cotton T-Shirt tha u dont need and cut it in to rags
then you will need some rubbing Alcohol, use the cotten rags with alcohol to whipe down the parts.

After you have the parts sanded and cleaned with the alcohol you are ready to apply the Primer. Make shore that you are working in a worm and dust free place and have good ventalation.
When aplying the primer use small coats, leting them dry in between, do about 2-3 coats of primer and let it dry, to speed that up use your sisters blowdryer.

OK once the primer is dry to the touch and you feel that its ready to be sanded get your 2000 grit sandpaper and begin sanding.
when sanding look for dust, craters or any type of crap that mayhave set on the primer, and sand it of . when done whipe with cotten rag.

after your done with that you are ready to paint it with the maine coat of paint. do smal coats to cover the parts after 1st coat let dry and make shore its dry. now after the first coat of paint you will need to sand it again becouse you will have small craiters in you paint, so sand the paint till its smoothe and give it another coat.after you apply the second coat and let it dry you will need a glass of water. get you 2000grit sandpaper and dip it in the water and start sanding the part with water aka wetsanding.after you have wetsanded it til it is realy smooth to the touch you are ready for clear coat. spray the clear on, about 1-2 coats and wet sand it as well with the 2000 grit untill it realy realy smooth. now go wash the part under some cold water.

ok now you need to bust out that 3M polish. put a smill drop on to a cotton rag and start rubin you parts. rub like you have never rubed before and in about 1 minute of rubing you will c that your phone parts are shiny there you have it.

Sorry for the bad spelling and gramar im Russian

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:45:41 am »

yeah good job! Thank you very much!

Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:01:01 am »