Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
June 24, 2024, 06:48:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E2 MODDERS, PLEASE READ THIS  (Read 12532 times)
soccerholic
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:34:19 am »

here, i am so disappointed because of ROKR E2, why?
E2 is music phone, but it music feature is not so good as it utilities made by modders.
here some things that i mean, some bug in E2 that hasn't finished yet:

1.VOLUME GRADATION IS TOO SIGNIFICANT 
- it means that the volume gap from one volume level to another level is too big. When you sleep while listening music, you need smaller volume, but outside, you will need biger volume level. The default volumetable value for original earphone is 3, so with this setting you will get satisfaction when you listening music in smaller volume level (level1) but when you listening in outside, the volume is not big enoughl. But if we set volumetable value of original earphone to higher, for example, 8, we will get big volume level, but you can't sleep while listening to the music in e2, because the volume in level 1 will be heard so loud!

2.SOUND SKIPPINg
-i think everyone knows about it...

3.THE VERY IMPORTANT: BASS POWER IS WEAK
-ROKR E2's Bast Boost effect, in Stereo Effect setting, is useless. I can't find any differences when i enable it or disable it. Bast Boost in Equalizer is worse, when i activate it, the sound quality is worse, beacuse it's not real bass.
I ever use E2's original earphone with iPod and Creative MuVo, the bass is great, espesially in Creative MuVo, but when i use good 3rd earphone in E2, like sony ericsson walkman's earphone,
the bass is not better than before

4.SEARCH FUNCTION IN MEDIA MANAGER
-I think it's better to add new search category in Music search, like "filename" (you'll get it when you want to search video), because some music file don't have ID3, and it's better if E2 can have real time search, so when we type keyword it'll search without click the button first

5.PLAYLIST CAN'T BE SAVED
-it is too difficult to build new playlist after flashing phone, you will feel it when you have many music files in 1 GB or 2 GB card. in Volmodder MPKG tool there's a backup feature to backup music list, but it's not working.

6.E2 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MOST OF SPEAKERS
-3.5 mm jack in E2 is good feature, but why it can't be connected with most speakers? I've tried with Altec Lansing 151i but not worked, some people say portable speaker is compatible with it, but portable speaker is not so good to make a bigger sound

I really like ROKR E2, especially the Linux OS, so please to all FW modder, fix this problem. ROKR E2 is a music phone, so it's better to fix its bug in music feature better than add some utilities,
I believe some modders can do it...
please tell this to all modder, like ilove3d and the others
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:28:37 am »

For the first problem,you can just find a headphone with volume control...for music skipping problem,i've overclocked my phone to 624mhz and problem fixed.about the EQ,the stereo effects and bass make much different if you listen to music via external speaker.last problem,put a resistor on the cable of speaker.so,problem solved...
DarK_E2
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:10 am »

He meaned it's music phone and has so much bug.All of us know motorola can solve these problems but they didn't..Why?
Because they wanted to sell more phone like e6 vs. After e398 do you think they cant do better music phone for us? But i like e2 and like modding phone.But i know e2 isn't so good music phone.I miss my e398 so much..Think about it: e398's multimedia options with linux.with Same or better vibration speakers and no laggy menu.Yes e2 has 312mhz proc.624 with o/c. but where is that big proc's speed? We cant use..I don't know why motorola didnt make this phone better.
Dont be angry with me.I think all of you think same.
motomaniacs
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:27:02 pm »

it's all about marketing strategy
soccerholic
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 03:18:03 pm »

poor ROKRE2, i just can't understand what's in they (motorola) head?
huatz84
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 05:32:44 pm »

Moto has fixed all this.But they didn't fix this on E2.They released another next music phone like Z6.Bass on Z6 is unbelievable.If we set bass boost to 7,U can feel the real bass.It beats Walkman series.Unfortunately,the jack isn't 3.5 mm.And they released Z6m which has jack 3.5 mm.It's all about marketing strategy...
pizzadox619
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 05:56:32 pm »

1. The volume is only 7. We just can replace the volumetable. But, it's no problem with me
2. Yap ROKR Ultimate it is. Try ilove3d SELF v2 or music. no more sound skipping Wink
3. No comment
4. All mp3 on my E2 has ID3Tag + artwork Tongue
5. Before flashing. Try remove cg37.smg & cg42.smg with SBF Tool or EZX Codec
6. Works on Altec Lansing ATP3. But very bad sound Sad
alexandremacio
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 06:19:22 pm »

If MOTOROLA made available the sources of the system maybe the moders got to correct that problem. But the code is closed is not free as it is the operating system linux for PC.  Embarrassed

Sory for my bad english. 
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 06:22:31 pm »

Moto does not improve the software of the phone they make,instead,they will make a new one,if you hate E2 so much,you can wait for E8,that's a real music phone with memory of 2gb and expandable,3.5mm jack(who knows?maybe it's better this time)music control button....
error398
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 07:04:08 pm »

Im was dissapointed too.. i though 3.5mm jack can suitable for all speaker.. but we must modding before we use.. different with E6, just plug and play.. im so jealous bout that
soccerholic
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 11:41:02 pm »

yeah i think so, when rokr e2 released?
sjj
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 01:25:07 am »

Some of my comments:
3. For my phone, the IS a difference when changing these settings...
6. Get a 3.5mm splitter and plug your earphones on one side and the speaker on the other....

ROKR E2 was supposed to be released 2 years ago I think... E2 is like a beta phone which Motorola tested the new UI with...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 03:13:54 am by sjj » Logged
error398
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 01:29:21 am »

6. Get a 3.5mm splitter and lug your earphones on one side and the speaker on the other....

how do you do that? i have a splitter too, but my phone didnt recognize it..
zjole
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 02:55:34 am »

In my opinion,E2 is more like a experimental model.I think Moto want to test the new ezx system as well as the response from market.So I'm not surprised at all that it has some problems,both hardware and software.
However,I'm not disappointed at all.E2 is ideal for modding and I cannot find a more suitable phone for me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:19:49 am by zjole » Logged
sjj
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 03:14:52 am »

6. Get a 3.5mm splitter and lug your earphones on one side and the speaker on the other....

Plug the splitter into your phone, then you will have 2 3.5mm slots, plug your original earphones into 1 slot and your speaker into another...

how do you do that? i have a splitter too, but my phone didnt recognize it..
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting