Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 17, 2024, 08:02:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Telnet Help  (Read 5151 times)
pingchen23
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:34:30 am »

Hi all,

I'm currently using 40P stock firmware. I have installed InetD and followed all the instructions available on the web. Nevertheless, when I type 'root' as the login for Telnet @ cmd, the next message stated that '/root not found'. After that I couldn't access the phone's root folder in any explorer what so ever.

Is there any solution to this besides flashing a modded firmware into it?

P.S. I've also encountered another problem which is the bass booster. Although I did not do any modding, the bass booster just doesn't work. I felt no difference at all when it's off or @ level 7. Is this a bug for 40P?

Thank you very much in advance!
konspirasi
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:13:50 pm »

For bass boost we all get that. I dont know why n not even the latest modded mp can fix this bug.
40p? Where did u come from?
pingchen23
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:36:59 pm »

You mean others with stock firmware also encounter this so called none-working bass booster problem? I do recall someone using 35P that has a fully working bass booster. By the way, I'm from Malaysia.
fich
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:54:52 pm »

Hi all,

I'm currently using 40P stock firmware. I have installed InetD and followed all the instructions available on the web. Nevertheless, when I type 'root' as the login for Telnet @ cmd, the next message stated that '/root not found'. After that I couldn't access the phone's root folder in any explorer what so ever.

after login as root, on shell prompt type this

#/mmc/mmca1/sbin/smbd

then try to open \\192.168.16.2\systems on address box windows explorer.
error398
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:49:24 pm »

@pingchen
Welcome mate, im from malaysia too.. FYI,Our Stock Fw cannot telnet even we installed inetD.. so the others solutions is Flash the modded MP.. em where are u located at malaysia?
pingchen23
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 09:55:31 pm »

Hi all,

after login as root, on shell prompt type this

#/mmc/mmca1/sbin/smbd

then try to open \\192.168.16.2\systems on address box windows explorer.

Thanks mate. Will try this ASAP!

@Raunamaxtor

I'm from Kuching, Sarawak. What about you?
pingchen23
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 10:48:09 pm »

Great news! The method worked flawlessly. Now I'm about to access the system of the phone.

Nevertheless, I've encountered another problem. I've followed the tutorial to install skins into the phone. But when I apply the new skins in the phone, it just comes out as the default moto skin. Nothing has changed.

Once again thank you very much for all your help!
error398
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:40:22 am »

@pingchen
im from kuantan,pahang..

did ur E2 still under warranty? if not flash ur ROKR dude..
pingchen23
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 08:13:45 pm »

My E2 is still under warranty. In fact, I just bought it days ago. Now my issue is with the skin. I've copied the .chm file and folder into ezx_user and ezx_local respectively. But when I restart my phone, the theme appears as a selection @ settings>theme, but the size is the same as the default moto theme. When I select it, nothing actually happened to my theme.

I suspect that the .chm file is reading the default moto theme's content, rather than its designated skin files. What can I do to fix this?
error398
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 08:03:47 pm »

u can view how to instal themes and skin .. it will help u
pingchen23
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 08:26:10 pm »

I've installed InetD,followed the instructions in this thread,and why I apply the newly installed theme in the phone,nothing changed. It's still the default moto theme. It's as if the custom .chm file can't read the custom icon files but it reads the default icons etc instead.

Any solution?
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 12:34:10 am »

Then, try open the chm file and see the Skin path...is it located correctly? It should be under /ezxlocal/download/appwrite/skin/<skin_name>, if its not (or your skin placed anywhere), edit it... Also dont forget to restart your phone after apply it... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

juupunisinshou
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 12:43:55 am »

how about telnet in Linux?

i can't do it?

(i use PCLinuxOS 2007)
pingchen23
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 08:43:11 am »

Then, try open the chm file and see the Skin path...is it located correctly? It should be under /ezxlocal/download/appwrite/skin/<skin_name>, if its not (or your skin placed anywhere), edit it... Also dont forget to restart your phone after apply it... Smiley

I've done exactly what you've said. But after I restart the phone, the theme file read in the phone lost its name instead. I just has a "(MODIFIED)" on the theme selection screen. Everything including the wallpaper, theme size etc is the same as the default theme. In fact, then I apply it, the default theme comes out.

Any ideas?
error398
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 06:29:23 pm »

Flash the phones
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting