Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 16, 2024, 01:59:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened with my E2?  (Read 8259 times)
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2007, 02:59:08 pm »

I currently used Ultimate with Kaleid patch, and got a problem.. The problem is not always, only sometimes.. However, this my third times i got the problem so i take it seriously now..

This my problem:
I open my phone as usual, phone booting (longer because of Kaleid patch), then everything is fine.. Then i start to use my phone, press right softkey (main menu), but nothing happen! I press it multiple times (i can see that the softkey in screen has been pressed) and still same, the main menu wont show up! Then i press the left softkey (option) and the option menu appear, but nothing happen when i choose each of the menu. Okay, maybe i need restart, then i hold power key and still, nothing happen! Well, i need to remove my battery, then plug it again, open it as usual, then everything worked fine now!

Also, sometimes (third times too) i also had different problem, when opening some java, ex. opera mini, then it shows like the first run.. Then i restart my phone manually and the problem gone..

What happened?

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

u4ia_eclipse
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 05:27:44 pm »

It's in the flash.. Because the kaleid is in alpha, integration with another firmware may lead to unstable and weird behavior.. so for me that must be the cause.. There are a lot of times to that my phone experience unstable behavior and lag times..
error398
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:05:10 pm »

maybe u must reflash ur phone..
huatz84
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 07:47:04 pm »

I think your firmware has become unstable.Has u removed the Kaledoiscope patch?When I used Ultimate+Kaledoiscope patch,I noticed that my phone became slower and if I used it for playing java games,it lagged a lot.That's why I decided to flash my phone with firmware that built-in Kaledoiscope patch from scratch.The only way to handle it is, try to remove the Kaledoiscope patch first if u add the line in autorun.If it doesn't work,u need to flash your firmware and my suggestion is try to flash Only You v3.It's so fast than any other firmwares.No lag or hanging.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 11:11:16 pm »

I know, but the point is, only sometime.. Now, its working well, speed is acceptable for me.. I just want to know what is exactly happen? Anyone have the same experience?

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

jonralf
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 11:26:52 pm »

i tried also ultimate+kaleidoscope and got the same problem. then don want to use anymore :p
error398
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 11:30:28 pm »

so..it come with MP..
maybe its first time iLove3d mix it.. its a bug from that MP
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 12:15:15 am »

Okay, so its the patch problem.. However, i still want to continue used it, i think the precentage to got this problem only 5-10%... Anyway, how about the second problem? My java is act like it just installed... My opera mini asked me to push button, bla bla bla... When i turn off for a while (1-2 minutes) and turn on again, the problem gone..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

zjole
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 01:52:07 am »

How many java apps/games have you installed in your SD card?I guess you have to defrag it to lower the chance of such problems.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 01:59:38 am »

I think 38.. Well, its quiet annoying.. I just got this problem again, the fourth times now.. Sad

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

zjole
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 08:38:03 am »

I think 38.. Well, its quiet annoying.. I just got this problem again, the fourth times now.. Sad
Have you tried defraging your SD card?
huatz84
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 09:13:56 am »

Okay, so its the patch problem.. However, i still want to continue used it, i think the precentage to got this problem only 5-10%... Anyway, how about the second problem? My java is act like it just installed... My opera mini asked me to push button, bla bla bla... When i turn off for a while (1-2 minutes) and turn on again, the problem gone..
Same problem when I used Rokr Ultimate + Kaledoiscope patch.Every time I run Opera Mini,it always asked me hit the button and test connection.It's so annoying.Did U noticed that your phone becoming lag a lot? When I use Ultimate + Kaledoiscope,my phone was so lagging. Even I overclocked it to 624 mhz.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 09:26:18 am »

No, i dont.. The speed is normal... (i use 312/312/416 OC)

I havent defrag my card, but i dont think it will help much...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

jsdlzj
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 09:28:36 am »

I think these are the steps a modder should take before posting his problem:

1. Fully charge the phone or buy a new battery if its dead
2. Re-flash the firmware again, this time with full battery
3. Format memory card (optional)

And come back if it doesn't work. Usually in RSD Lite when you get strage error messages it means flashing has failed, fully charge your battery again and re-flash following the steps closely.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 04:07:01 pm »

LOL, my problem is not dead.. It just a problem from Kaleid patch then i want to know is that anyone have the same problem as mine.. The flash is okay, i have used this Ultimate for 2 months.. Grin

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting