[E2] Ubackup v0.1 Multilingual

Started by Taurnil, July 16, 2007, 08:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkslider

here comes the backuper from The One [beta2]
maybe it will be helpfull
it works fine :-\

pizzadox619

My phone hang when i master reset  ;D. I must remove battery.
Maybe, i will reflash rokr ulti again  :o

Taurnil

ok, Added the portuguese langfile (thanks, Atomik88 :D)
and... added a Change Language Option in main menu :P

Exploited

burnduck

This app crached my e2 when I was trying to restore the backup file.  :(
The firmware I was using is R564_G_12.01.48P ROKR Ultimate  :-\

Taurnil

I know this have been told a thousand times, but...
did you set the application permissions to root?
I dunno why you have problems with it, has worked fine for me all the time...

burnduck

Quote from: Taurnil on August 08, 2007, 04:18:50 PM
I know this have been told a thousand times, but...
did you set the application permissions to root?
I dunno why you have problems with it, has worked fine for me all the time...

Yes, I did set the permission to root with phoneware manager
And I've tried making backup and restore twice, with different backup image.
All what I got was slow phone performance (unresponsive key press), loss of ALL data, message center locked out, SIM contact gone
I can barely get access into the setup menu and do a full reset.

(I'm not sure if it is related to my lang. pack, I'm using a lang. pack that was extracted from my phone previously)

Taurnil

:(
restoration process may take some time... it depends on how many skins and data you have in your cellphone... the last time I restored my data I had 5 skins on my phone, 100+contacts, 50+sms... It took like 6 minutes to restore the backup totally. After rebooting, everything was in its right place.

SIM contact gone?
excuse me, I don't have idea about how to modify your SIM card using bash... bash is really limited and ubackup is just a script.  Maybe you're applying a contact filter and your rokr isn't showing your SIM contacts.

Please, reflash your phone with your FW. Once I had the same problem and that was enough.

burnduck

Quote from: Taurnil on August 09, 2007, 12:20:38 AM
:(
restoration process may take some time... it depends on how many skins and data you have in your cellphone... the last time I restored my data I had 5 skins on my phone, 100+contacts, 50+sms... It took like 6 minutes to restore the backup totally. After rebooting, everything was in its right place.

SIM contact gone?
excuse me, I don't have idea about how to modify your SIM card using bash... bash is really limited and ubackup is just a script.  Maybe you're applying a contact filter and your rokr isn't showing your SIM contacts.

Please, reflash your phone with your FW. Once I had the same problem and that was enough.

Will there be any indication that the backup's done?
The phone asked me for a reboot, and after that, things were gone. As in my case.

Taurnil

yes, the script tells you when the backup is ready.
When you restore it, it will finish asking you a backup...
have you tried reflashing the FW? I'm sure that will solve your probs... I had that problem testing CHINA IQ's Firmware...

steel00

well i had 1400 sms(inbox and outbox) and the backup didnt restore it!!!!! and I let restoring them like all day... finally I got tired and I reflashed my phone with Only one fw(it's pretty nice)
just a comment...

vanhieumai

@Taurnil:
could you make more option to ubackup with realmedia list
i see some files in ezxlocal/download/appwrite
Quote.realplayer.music.list
.realplayer.music.info
.realplayer.picture.info
.realplayer.picture.list
.realplayer.video.info
.realplayer.video.list

Taurnil

Hi
I'm not sure if I should put these files. The media lists also include the media in your phone memory. I mean, all preloaded wallpapers and ringtones... so the only thing I would like to add are the media playlists...
thx for your suggestion.
also I'll add bash history and a couple files in a next version (maybe the application in phone memory, but I must find the registry)

glodos

i thought that this app backups also sms messages, but when i open the backup archive on PC there isn't any sms folder...anybody knows where sms data is stored?

Taurnil

There's no SMS folder in E2, lol
contacts and sms are in a database.
the file is a standard  .tar file, so you can unpack it changin' its extension.