Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 20, 2024, 03:07:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW USER CONFUSED ABOUT FIRMWARE, Please help  (Read 3578 times)
nadsrokr
« on: October 21, 2009, 07:57:15 pm »

Hello all, i am very new here and would be very grateful for your help. I have just recently purchased an unlocked ROKR E8 which is my first really good phone and was hoping that you could help me find out how and if i can use the newest/latest bestwebs firmware avilable on this site on my phone? I have never flashed a phone before and am not sure what to expect when i flash my phone with firmware but i want to do this as i want to install more skins and themes and the quake II game.

Here are my phones details:

Software Version: R6713_G_71.01.8BR_71.01.8BR
Bootloader Version: 06a3

I understand that i need RSD lite to flash my phone so i have downloaded version 4.5 and it recognizes my phone. Can you please tell me what else i need to do to install the firmware. Also, am i able to install any of the firmware available on this site such as the ilove3d and martincz firmwares? or does it depend on my phones software and bootloader versions? I have read pages and pages of posts regarding these questions but i am still a little bit unsure if flashing my phone is a good/safe idea. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Also, is it possible to restore my current firmware if i update and want to change back?

Thank you all.
tuyie78
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:28:49 am »

refer to this http://www.mmus.us/
NiKSY
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 01:52:15 am »

refer to this http://www.mmus.us/

Please don't do that. Don't send people to other forums from here. Nobody does it on other forums, so why would you here?

nadsrokr, flashing is a good idea :-) You get more out of your phone, more speed, more features etc. But, it's risky. Just risky, if you do it right it's not even that ;-)

You can flash any firmware to your phone.
But, before anything, you need to flash noRSA bootloader (your version) and noRSA CG31! After that you can switch to any firmware (MonsterPack).

If your phone doesn't start after flashing (stays stuck in bootloader) - flash noRSA CG31 again Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting