Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 25, 2024, 02:59:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: krakatau problem!!!  (Read 3330 times)
nithya
« on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:59 am »

Hi!! worst Thing Happened to me! I used zero 4AP. then i wanted to try KrakatauII f/w! so i made a backup of my sms and contacts using backup tools by keaglez. then i fliashed my fone then resored sms and contacts. then i realized after restoring those, i couldn't open messages folder! i tried restoring again and tried to open it. but no progress! then i flashed the fone again and restored agin! same thing happened! i have used backup tools for several times and worked nicely! but didn't work on KrakatauII! any suggestions? and sorry for my bad english!
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:12:42 am »

I'm not sure... But if you have an older backup, you can try to restore that backup. If that works, then probably the backup file is corrupted.

The other possible way is to try restore the backup file manually. The file which is named with extension .contact is actually a tar.gz archive, you can extract it in the phone itself (rename the files to end with .tar.gz and extract it from file manager, or by telnet using tar command) or by using separate tools in PC, such as 7zip archiver.

After this you will get a folder structur like below:
Code:
/contact
             /email
             /mms
             /sysDatabase
Copy the sysDatabase folder and replace the folder in /ezx_user/sysDatabase. Reboot your phone and see if it is running or not.

Btw, the backup files is stored in /mmc/mmca1/KgApps/BackupTools/MyBackupFiles.

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

nithya
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:52:42 pm »

thanx alot keaglez
manual insatallation that worked nicely!!
 thanx
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 09:35:53 pm »

Glad to know it is working. Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

baghost
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:50:38 am »

thanks  Grin
The file which is named with extension .contact is actually a tar.gz archive, you can extract it in the phone itself (rename the files to end with .tar.gz and extract it from file manager, or by telnet using tar command) or by using separate tools in PC, such as 7zip archiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting