Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 12:37:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Real Purpose of Forums  (Read 4248 times)
nihilus53
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:27 pm »

Once upon a time, a genius which is not known by me, however we all know he was a genius, created an internet based problem solution community which he named to be a forum. A forum. Since that moment thousands of forums began surging into the internet community. They were about different topics and they all had one purpose: helping a person with a problem via another group of people who knew the answer. They were meant to help people. Simple fast, no problems. However, there are now people who join forums primarily for reputation, which we know in motohell as "karma". Sometimes someone asks a question and many people dont dedicate their time in helping people, what they do is just say: "Dude your off topic, topic moved, topic has already been posted, bla bla bla. That annoys. I understand there has to be an order so we can have a clean forum, but you bring that person into shame and practically kill his topic. since nobody will respond. Dude, he is new, he knows nothing, and im telling you guys: its really difficult to addapt into this forum. We need a better search engine because im sorry to tell its kind of inefficient. Im just saying guys: Think why forums exist, and look at what they have become...
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:59:16 pm »

Not all true, IMHO, the real purpose of a forum is to discuss a topic, whatever the topic is. It is not always for helping people, it can be, but actually that will fell into some kind of help/support things. Smiley

So, if a topic is already exists, it should be merged/moved, there is no point to discuss it anymore when it is already have been solved/discussed before, except that there is a new problem/discussion, and if the discussion still didn't find the aswer, it should be continued there (it will be easier to search later). If the search engine is not good, there might be a solution, by creating a sticky thread that contains index for all useful discussion topic... That's it...

I'm not blaming people, but actually, instead of asking and waiting for answer, it is more faster by using search. If the problem is a common thing, it won't takes even 10 minutes for that, if the search didn't find anything, a new topic can be created. That's not hard, isn't it? Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

tegezan
Indonesian
Global Moderator
PHD modder

.:MotoRokr:.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:52:58 am »

I'm not blaming people, but actually, instead of asking and waiting for answer, it is more faster by using search. If the problem is a common thing, it won't takes even 10 minutes for that, if the search didn't find anything, a new topic can be created. That's not hard, isn't it? Smiley

Like Keaglez said.. Smiley

Indonesian Motousers Community
nihilus53
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:31 pm »

i agree with you keag. however idk if its just for me but i cant find shit. I type rockbox and instead of the rockbox thread it shows a two posts of guys metioning rockbox on another thread. Guys... Im not fucking up this community because I love it. what i am doing is just making people think on how fat 11 year old wannabe black gangster kids have overpopulated in the internet as well as jackasses making many of the forums totally unusefull.
Example 1:
Subject: Megagames.com
Try to find a jedi academy no cd crack there. (I know its warez but i lost the freaking cd)
people will just tell you to search for the fucking topic and if u search it u just find other people telling them to search for the right one and then u find it and it got closed becuase some bafoons didnt stop talking about parties and how great the game was and how to chop off limbs where there is a whole section about it. U type this same goddamn text to explain that the topic is closed and links got old. u only want a no cd patch. afterwards they tell you that ur a shithead and that u should shave ur penis and use that pubic hair to cover ur fish smelled bold head. Real experience guys. can you believe that.
Example 2:
I want a certain program. lets say i want birds 3.0 visual basic edition bla bla bla.
they say: dude it sucks go get 4. i dont care that it sucks nor than theres a 4.
I say: dud i want 3 becaue 4 doesn't work and i like 3 better. I really want 3. knwo where to ge it?
he says: dud but 4 supports themes! and 3 doesnt and with 4 u can play music while building codes and it has pictures from birds and other stuff
i say: dud why the hell would i want it if it doesnt work. who gives a shit about the birds i want the program. i can play music separately with windows media pplayer.
he says: but 4 is better
i say: hey if i wanted 4 so bad i would make a topic called i want birds visual basic edtiion 4.
he says: what about 3.4?
I say: u goddamn jackass read. i said 3.0 not fukcing 3.4
he says: fucku all i wanted was balance (also called justice or on our case karma)
U know what i mean?
Lets leave aside search stuff. Admins sometimes annoy and people try so bad to be high ranked. Internet society is decayed. Just like when i got 100 posts. joker the spam lord who doesnt livbe near spam ham village just fucks my little pride saying ha long way to go ur such a noob bla bla bla. I dont like him
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:28:57 pm »

Well, first, please use a better attitude on your writing... Smiley

I type rockbox in the search box, and the E2 rockbox thread shows at the top, following with Z6 rockbox thread, so I don't really see any problem here. The search result is as expected I think.

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 03:57:52 am »

See the problem is that the old users of the forum are sick of answering the same questions again and again. It's like if you are a security guard and people come in:

- Excuse me, where is the WC?

- Go upstairs in the left madam.

Then again:

- Go upstairs in the left sir.

and again:

- Go upstairs in the left.

and again:

- Upstairs in the left.

and finally he is sick about it:

- EVERYBODY LISTEN - THE WC IS UPSTAIRS AT THE LEFT!

but then another person:

and the security guard freaks out Smiley

There is no cure for that. You can't stop people asking the same questions again and again, but you also can't stop advanced users to freak out from that.

So tolerance is the answer. Be good to everyone. If you are nervous - don't answer. That's it Smiley

P.S. Flaming is not good Smiley

ahmed
Really experienced

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:10 pm »

absolutely agree with both of you keaglez & Exploited but some times one gets bored of repeating the same question many times...any way  i have a question  ah.. Excuse me, where is the WC?!! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:43:11 pm by ahmed » Logged
aku46
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 09:06:16 pm »

any way  i have a question  ah.. Excuse me, where is the WC?!! Smiley

its upstairs in the left Grin

be good to everyone mate Grin
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 04:58:34 am »

Nobody should feel insulted. The guy who says "use the search" is ok. The guy who asks dummy question is ok too. The guy who asks repeated question too... Be good to everyone Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting