Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 11:10:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updating / changing themes for the Rokr E8 on a Mac  (Read 4455 times)
steeeeve
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:40:44 am »

Hi guys

I purchased a Rokr E8 yesterday from eBay and everything is great, I love it to pieces (apart from the slider lock, which my fingers are too big for).

However, it came with one really awful theme on it which is UK network's Orange theme, which isn't too bad, but it's primarily white and I wanted something darker or black to go with the package, but it only comes with this one theme. I own and use a Mac and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or solutions to edit my E8 through a Mac. The only thing that bothers me right now is that theme and getting it changed to something black. Can anyone help me?

Also, is there any way to get the phone to lock without having to use the slider on the side?

Thanks guys

Steve.
jazjaz92
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 07:08:19 am »

i also have a rokr with the orange theme and you're right its awful . i flashed mine and followed this guide.http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/124648  now i am able to use whatever skin  i like , its much better. one thing though if you decide to do this  you will find you cant use the orange shortcut menu on the home screen

hope that helped Smiley
steeeeve
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:02:02 pm »

Hi JazJaz

I don't think I can actually flash my phone as I needed to install the software which came with it, but it's PC only, isn't it? It wouldn't install in my Mac.

Steve.
jazjaz92
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:02:05 pm »

hi,
hmm i assume you're talking about the motorolla tools software out of the box , well you dont need to install that to flash your phone. if you follow the guide (http://www.e2mod.com/e8/index.php/tutorials/20-how-to-flash-motorola-rokr-e8.html) then all you need to do is install the drivers then the rsd software used to flash the phone. im guessing you wont be able to do that with a mac but to be honest i know nothing about macs and i cant say i am a fan. i would just find someone willing to let you borrow their pc for a couple of hours  install the  software and just flash it with the firmware found in the skinning guide. it should only take like 2 hours and is well worth the effort the default black and red skin you get with that firmware is a huge improvement on the orange 1

hope that helps

jaz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting