Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 20, 2024, 04:16:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [E2] Need help guys  (Read 3342 times)
nihilus53
« on: March 18, 2009, 05:44:30 pm »

Okay,
[sigh]
First: don't tell me to post @ rockbox topic. If that is your comment, please shut up and keep it to yourself. I'm sick of ppl telling me to post at a certain topic which is like at page 54 and nobody even reads.

The rockbox topic board is dead (except for side conversations of keaglez being a man or not).
I have my e2 phone. Since a year ago  I flashed it and I have done it quiite a few times. I have ROkr Ultimate now.

With rockbox, I download the installer. everything is ok
portrait btw. i still have same problem with landscape
ok i install at phone not sd.
You know that each time something is loading at any type of electronic device, there is a progress bar. Like when you go to miniclip, it will b blue and will fill up when the game is done loading or installing or whatever.
Okl when my progress bar shows up, it stays on the second section of it like for ever. Left it there for 24 hours and nothing.
If I install it on SD, which I know I shouldn't do, it just says installation failed. However, there is an icon at the main menu that shows up. And the phoneware manager says that it is installed, give it root permissions refresh, reboot whatever. Every step completed reboot. I have tried every combination possible with rebbots and refreshes. When I execute the icon (on main menu, to open rockbox) nothing never happens.

What fw should i download, what is going on any decent crap-less tutorials guys what is happening???

Thanks guys
  Wink

EDIT:
I know could install the mpkg. to phone of course. reboot
set it to root permissions. reboot
try to execute. screen turns black for like 3 to 4 seconds.
back to main menu.
what's all that about?
any help guys?
copied common.rar extracted folder to my plain sd. Now I'm relieved of actually installing it. I'm pretty close, I feel it. The main reason why I flashed my phone was for rockbox. I still don't have it.
Any comments plz
PS: I will do my own tutorial for n00bs to install rockbox. Im finding out of all these details by reading every page of the rockbox thread. I'll just make it easier, that way pplz will stop asking. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:48:48 pm by Nihilus53 » Logged
Viny_hc
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:49:10 pm »

Extract the Rockbox Mpkg with Winrar... or other...
Paste the folder in the mmc\.system\QTdownload...
Open the cardregistry (in mmc\.system\java\) and paste this... (in the end of file...)

[426940b9-d8cc-edb6-b8e3-c8d8b9d8ca10]
AniIcon =
AppID = {426940b9-d8cc-edb6-b8e3-c8d8b9d8ca10}
Args =
Attribute = 4
BigIcon = rockbox.png
Daemon = 0
Directory = rockbox
Eraseable = 1
Exec = rockbox.lin
FixedAllPosition = 0
FixedPosition = 0
GroupID = root
Icon = rockbox-sm.png
InstalledDate = 2008/3/23
JavaId = -1
MassStorageStatus = 0
MpkgFile = /mmc/mmca1/rockbox_e2.mpkg
Name = Rockbox
OsVersion = 1.0
Shared = 2
Size = 20K
Type = 2
UserID = root
Visible = 1

I don't know what version is your rockbox... it can change...

but i think works...^^

if don't.. try change the code...
Example: Directory = rockbox (if your directory of rockbox is diferent.. change for the correct... )
Exec = rockbox.lin (if your rockbox.LIN have oher name...)
Icon = rockbox-sm.png (The icon diferent...)

Cheers!

PS: Sorry for the english... I'm Brazilian...^^
nihilus53
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:52:06 pm »

Thank you for your help  viny, I appreciate it very much, and your english is really good. I learned to speak it since I was 3 because my mom had learned it since she was really young. (I'm Costa Rican).However, I managed to get rockbox running on my phone minutes before your post.
All I did was copy all files from common and e2 to a folder just named "rockbox" on my plain SD.
copy lin, bin and archos files as well as both mpkg's.
reboot of course and enjoy. Still getting used to key mapping. and need help on how to use equalizer and themes....
But thanks
Ill have my tutorial for rockbox super mega enhanced for n00bs ready in less than a week.
Thanks to Keaglez for helping me through pm's and Viny for trying to help without knowing that I accomplished it, the rest of you:
Yes, you Should! be ashamed  Tongue... Prince is gay. Angry
Viny_hc
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:52:28 am »

Tks!!!

I never study english.. only in my school..

Unfortunately... the education in my country is poor....

Brazil have to prioritize the education... is the future of anybody.. and any country...^^

Congratulations for your discovery!

Go on.. and you will not be a n00b...  xDDDDD

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting