Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 29, 2024, 07:28:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASK] V6 maxx modding  (Read 8826 times)
konspirasi
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:52:07 am »

hello all i just got v6 maxx n i want to know more bout this phone...since i used my E2 i experiencing many good things n i want to continue having fun with this phone.
and for being totally newb bout this phone so i have several question:
1. how i can flash this phone? does this phone totally different from my E2?
2. i want to change my skin, phone appeal Cheesy etc like i did in my E2
3. i want to make an internet connection from network connection directly on windows but i can't (i dont know why) but if i use MPT its fine
4. any other things i should know?

many thanks for helping this newb having fun with his new toy Cheesy
huatz84
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:27:10 pm »

First,congratz for ur new toy. It's so fast,right? V6 maxx is a good phone.
1. You can use Rsd lite 4.1 to flash V6.To find the right mp,You can search in M3. But,make sure you check your BL version and your firmware version. Is it LD or VL version?
2. To change skin, you can use SkinManager.
3. I haven't tested by using network connection. I used to use MPT.
4. V6 Maxx is a P2k05 platform so You'll feel a different taste n a brand new experience in modding. Don't forget that you can play RealFootball 3D now with no lag at all..
I'm using Darkness Mp now but I gave my Maxx to my sister.
Maxx also has a good sound thru speaker n headset if You have modded the audio.cfg.
Have fun wit your Maxx. I'm posting by using OM.
Don't forget the cool funlights V6 has.It'll make your friends jealous coz it's so damn cool..Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:36:07 pm by huatz84 » Logged
konspirasi
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 11:05:26 pm »

aloo there huatz...nice to see you again  Smiley thx for your fast respond...
yeah i just read at m3 but i'm still confuse...how i can flash this phone? using RSD lite 3.8 is okay? what else do i need?
is the f/w contain .sbf n .shx files also? pls tell me step by step if you dont mind Smiley
i found out that my firmware version is R26117LD_U_98.30.80R n my BL is 0302...pls tell me which one is the right f/w n the best one for now  Cheesy
i have succesfully managed the internet connection through windows just install the motorola USB driver (the newest is version 3.70) n then set as usual using AT command  Wink

thx bro

*hi i just noticed that there are 2 types of LD f/w, its R26117LD n R261171LD...whats the different? can i flash the same f/w between both of it?

thx again Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:16:03 pm by konspirasi » Logged
huatz84
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:36:14 pm »

Aloo my brother....nice to see you,bro.
Yes,You can flash it by using RSD lite 3.8.Usually the firmware is in .sbf format.Just plug V6 into usb and flash the phone.It's so simple.
I suggest Darkness MP coz I'm using it now with no problem so far.
You have to upgrade your BL into 03.09 first.You can download the Darkness MP and the BL files at M3.
Darkness MP is based on R261171LD_U_99.41.08R.So,it's the new one.
About the two types of LD version,I think it's not a problem if you flash it over your firmware.But,for safer way,search at M3 first.I'm just a newbie in V6 maxx modding..Hope all my explanation helps you.
konspirasi
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:32:07 am »

i see...more clear with your explanation bro...thx very much...Cheesy
hmm...i have read at M3 if i upgrade my BL to 0309 then there is no way back to it was before (BL 0302)...so it is not needed to backup my previous f/w then?
huatz84
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 05:02:37 am »

Yeah,there's no way back if U upgrade your BL...This surely will void your warranty.So,I think it'd be better if you just change the skins or change the audio.cfg until your warranty time is over.
konspirasi
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:23:52 am »

how can i mod my audio.cfg? would u tell me how?
thx
huatz84
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 07:49:58 am »

Use this,bro..
Just upload it into a/mobile/system via P2K Commander or Meexplorer P2K05.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:33 pm »

++ to huatz84... Like a personal support here Smiley

huatz84
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 10:46:22 pm »

Thanx,Exploited...Wink
konspirasi
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 07:16:26 pm »

great bro thx a lot....
o yea i just find out from m3 that to enter bootloader mode we can press (*)+(#)+(power button)
i just tried to change the BL from 0302 to 0309 and it succeed then we can flash the R261171LD f/w Cheesy....i'm happy now Cheesy
yup this phone is using p2k05 so we use p2k commander to edit seem, DRM etc
btw how i can installed java apps? i'm using motomidman there is "unsupported phone" then i change the .ini files n put R261171LD ... but i try to install launchbar my phone continuing restart ... i dont whats wrong...for a glance i saw before it restart pop up it was "java file corrupted"...nevermind i was flashing it again Cheesy
so what is motomidman for anyway? just like phoneware manager like on E2?

thx all n ++ for you Huatz84
huatz84
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 08:08:37 pm »

Congratz for successful flashing..To install java apps,it's so simple.You just have to put the jar files on the root of your TF card then via java & apps menu on the phone,click install new then install the apps just like you did on your E2.
Launchbar? I haven't tried installing it coz I think it's annoying..
Motomidman is program to install java on our phone.It can give a full access into phone file syatem but I think it's not possible on V6 Maxx yet coz the RSA restriction.
You can try my Motomidman.ini below...
You're welcome,bro... Smiley
konspirasi
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 09:29:37 pm »

whoaa...thx for the fast answer Cheesy
its working now bro...the motomidman succesfully recognized my phone...but after i installed the launchbar i dont know where to find it? Cheesy
i find it on games folder just like E2 where any java apps installed always put on the games folder 1st but i cant find it there...n anywhere else...LOL nevermind...i'm just happy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Tongue
huatz84
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 03:26:30 am »

The kjava folder is hidden on your computer.Activate the view hidden options on your computer first in order to view it.Or you can try to type this on the address bar of the root TF card : mobile/kjava. It'll show your games in the imei folder and the games' name is in J2me1,2 and so on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting