October 20, 2019, 09:20:00 AM

News:

The forum is inactive. Check our Facebook page

The E398 to ROKR Conversion

Started by Jithin, July 13, 2007, 06:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jithin

July 13, 2007, 06:48:55 AM Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:38:57 PM by JithinSK
This is the basic guide to convert your E398 to ROKR E1 so that you get many features such as Video recording, Corelets support, AAC audio support, Quad band, Voice record, Java on memory card etc etc on your E398..

http://mirror.softcox.com/e398-to-ROKR/

Thanks to Sam for the guide.

- The 42R_FOR_ALL full MP can be downloaded from HERE HERE   or HERE

- There is no need to fix the iTunes issue. Just flash a new Monster Pack after flashing the 42R_FOR_ALL. Monster Packs can be downloaded from HERE

- If you cant find PST anywhere,you can use FLASH BACKUP for flashing..

- 4XR (esp. 42R,46R,49R) are the best firmwares for your e398 in terms of sound and battery life eventhough they do not have unimited video recording as in the case of 6FR and 7XR. Now we have unlimited video recording on elektro255's modded 46R firmware,but its not stable yet.

- Please always do backups before flashing.None other than yourself is responsible for any damage that occurs on your phone

Exploited

You can actually flash many monster packs directly without 42_for_all... but it is always safer to stick to the official tutorial :)

Jithin

Quote from: Exploited on July 13, 2007, 07:17:54 AM
You can actually flash many monster packs directly without 42_for_all... but it is always safer to stick to the official tutorial :)

How come,bro? Dont we have to convert R372 to R373 before flashing other MPs?

Exploited

CG7 makes the conversion. If the Monster Pack contains it - your phone will convert

I usually flash this: http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/65/30/ (CG7 only) for safety (haha it actually kills your phone, so I can't say "safety") and then flash MP

Jithin

But that cg7 only did not work for me.. Also there were many from M3 and MoMo saying that the phone still remained on r372 after flashing cg7 only..

Exploited

After successful flash it is supposed to actually "kill" your phone.

CG7 only (1st flash) + R373 Monster Pack (2nd flash) will convert from R372 to R373

motomaniacs

July 19, 2007, 12:28:22 PM #6 Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:11:50 PM by MotoManiacsĀ®
i used This when i upgrading my e398

tarong

thanks so much,but after all this when there is no buckup how do i fix by bluetooth address

BruceLee

psycholic

what if my phone cannot enter the boot loader?? when i push *+#+ red button nothing hapenned..
i got my e398 serviced a week ago.. they turn back my phone into mtv hijack version, now i want to flash it back.. what should i do?

PackPunk

If your phone detected by FB, you can flash it to another MP. Or you can Forcedboot your phone.
E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies

psycholic

Quote from: packpunk on July 29, 2008, 05:34:27 PM
If your phone detected by FB, you can flash it to another MP. Or you can Forcedboot your phone.

without enter the boot loader?? i've tried but it can't, it will disconnect for a moment

PackPunk

yup. sometimes bootloader show blank screen, but if FB can detect your phone it can be flash.
Another way, have u try force boot?
E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies

psycholic

nope .. too afraid to do that :) thanks 4 u'r help.. i'll try to connect it first, coz with p2k tools it able to read at flash

PackPunk

so u use p2k tools to flash it..
Try FB (FlashNBackup).. :)
E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies