Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 03:02:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ask a question regarding playlists on the U9?  (Read 3759 times)
ulrichhoffmann
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:28:32 am »

Hi,
we have a U9 (the "new Pebl"). I can create XML-Playlists from the menu of the mobile. I also can create an XML-Playlist within iTunes and copy it to the memory card inserted in the mobile. But the U9 does not find the file. It shows it in the file explorer, but does not recognize either XML-file (even the self created) as usable. In the "Playlist"-menu it only shows its own Playlists. How can I make the mobile "see" my PC-made lists?
Could you tell me which board to ask this on or move my question over there? Thanks! (There's no board regarding the U9, or at least I didn't find one.)
Thanks, Ulrich
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:27 am »

can you attach one example XML?

ulrichhoffmann
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:20:38 am »

Yes, but only tonight (my wife has the phone with her). Will do. Thanks, Ulrich
ulrichhoffmann
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:15:18 am »

Hi, and thanks for being willing to help. Attached are two XML files. I copied them both from the same directory of the phone (the directory where the MP3-files are in, too). "Test Shelter Me.xml" was made on the phone and works just fine. "Richard Page Shelter Me. xml" was made with iTunes, and the phone can't even "see" the file (meaning, in the Playlist menu it only shows the file I created on the phone itself, not the other xml-file in the same directory). Looking forward to hearing from you. Best, Ulrich
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:38:34 am »

Your XML seems wrong outputted

Look at the location of the files:
Code:
<string>file://localhost/G:/Shelter%20Me/06%20-%20A%20Simple%20Life%20-%20Richard%20Page%20-%20Shelter%20Me.mp3</string>

This is from your G: drive on your PC and do not reffer to the mobile phone...

Can't you copy the MP3's to your memory card and let the build in player do the playlist himself?

ulrichhoffmann
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:13 am »

Hi,

the weird thing is -- the one XML-file (Test...) does work, eventhough it seems to have the wrong path references. It was build on the phone with it being detached from the PC.

Yes, I could just create the playlists on the phone, but it's kind of cumbersume... I was hoping someone else already has had this problem...

(I have a SonyEricsson mobile phone, and all you do is: create an M3U-Playlist, save it in the same directory as the MP3s, and you're done. I was looking for something like this.)

Thanks, Ulrich
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting