Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 04:27:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (New) MP MOTOHELIC with good DSM  (Read 65417 times)
P_41_JO
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2008, 11:40:56 pm »

what is DSM???what connection with battery life??is it really affect the battery life???
kenzonatra
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2008, 06:03:41 pm »

what is DSM???what connection with battery life??is it really affect the battery life???
DSM:Deep Sleep Mode

Method for Current Drain Reduction in Deep Sleep Mod
This paper describes two voltage regulators operated in series, each of which having two modes, an operating mode and a low power mode. A method of bringing the regulators out of their low power modes in a controlled manner which does not compromise the operation of the phone system is also described. The information in this paper is shown in the context of a GSM cellular phone but can be implemented in many types of electronic devices.

Title: Method for Current Drain Reduction in Deep Sleep Mode

Authors: Bob Johnson and Tim McCune

Abstract:

This paper describes two voltage regulators operated in series, each of which having two modes, an operating mode and a low power mode. A method of bringing the regulators out of their low power modes in a controlled manner which does not compromise the operation of the phone system is also described. The information in this paper is shown in the context of a GSM cellular phone but can be implemented in many types of electronic devices.

Background:

A cell phone spends a lot of time in Standby Mode. Standby Mode is when the phone is not actively being used by the end user but is expected to listen to the cell system so that it may receive an incoming call or incoming message, etc. During this Standby time, there are two modes. The first is Operating Mode where the phone is actively listening to the cell system. The second is Deep Sleep Mode. During Deep Sleep Mode, the phone’s hardware is put into a very low power configuration. Typical of this mode is the turning off of circuits which are not needed and the reduction of the phone’s clock frequency to the 32 kHz clock frequency. During Deep Sleep Mode, the phone maintains enough clock accuracy so that when it goes back into Operating Mode, it remains sync’d up with the Cell System’s bit stream. This eliminates the need for re-sync.

The most basic state diagram for Standby mode is shown below.

Problem Statement:

This section describes the series connection of two multi-mode regulators, each having its own operating and low power modes. When the regulators are brought out of their low power modes, the second regulator may turn on faster than the first regulator causing a loss of voltage to circuits, like memory devices. The contents of these memories are often volatile (like SRAM) and their contents may be lost. The GSM phone system, when waking up from Deep Sleep may not be able to retain its sync to the network as a result of this loss of memory contents. A controlled turning on of the first and second multi-mode regulators is needed which keeps this memory loss from occurring.

Problem Resolution:

The representative Block Diagram figure of the system is shown below.

The Battery powers a first Multi Mode Regulator. This regulator has two modes. The first is a high power mode; the second is a low power mode. Its output voltage is Vout1. When the Standby 1 control signal is 1, it enters its low power mode. When the Standby 1 control signal is 0, it enters its high power mode. The Various Circuits Group 1 block is meant to show circuits that it powers directly.

A second Multi-Mode Regulator is powered from the first Multi-Mode Regulator. This second Multi-Mode Regulator also has two modes, a high power mode and a low power mode. When the Standby 2 control signal is 1, it enters its low power mode...

original page http://www.priorartdatabase.com/IPCOM/000021028/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:13:55 pm by kenzonatra » Logged
kenzonatra
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2008, 06:08:30 pm »

@admin sorry this indonesian language
@someone please help me translate to english. thx.

Arti istilah Deep Sleep/Deeper Sleep dianggap berkaitan erat dengan pengertian berikut:

Merupakan suatu model power menegement dinamis. Teknologi ini membuat umur baterai lebih panjang. Deeper Sleep mengurangi konsumsi energi oleh CPU. Contohnya jika komputer menyala, tetapi tidak diaktifkan, setelah beberapa saat, ia akan masuk ke dalam mode deep sleep. Teknologi ini sering digunakan pada Notebook, sedangkan deeper sleep mirip dengan deep sleep. Hanya lebih hemat 66%.

Istilah lain yang mungkin terkait:

- Sleep
    Alat dalam keadaan tidak beroperasi.
 - deep copy
    sebuah salinan yang berisi struktur data:data structure termasuk semua substruktur.
 - Sleeping state
    Suatu konsep yang membuat keseluruhan sistem berada pada kondisi yang menggunakan sedikit daya (slee...
 - Deep linking
    Sejenis hyperlink dari satu Web site atau result page dari situs web yang berbeda. Banyak result pag...
 - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
    Disingkat dengan ACPI. Suatu sistem interface hardware untuk manajemen power pada komputer yang memu...
kenzonatra
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2008, 06:09:08 pm »

build libgen 5.1
P_41_JO
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 01:42:50 am »

where did you get these theory???

and what part on your MP that contains DSM???

Another MP didn't use any DSM , but the battery can stand for a week on stand by mode,this information based on my friend who previously use your MP.
tegezan
Indonesian
Global Moderator
PHD modder

.:MotoRokr:.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2008, 02:03:50 am »

@ P.41.J.O.. sorry little off topic here, but what mp that ur friend hv used? which hv a week battery abillity?

Indonesian Motousers Community
kenzonatra
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2008, 04:23:41 am »

@P_41_JO why from your friend? who about your phone?
i'm mod for my phone when sombody don't like, it's UP 2 U...
P_41_JO
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2008, 01:54:17 am »

sorry for inconvenience, i just want to learn. i never heard about DSM and i want to know it more, whether i can use it on my MP. actually, those both MP can stand in same duration, 4 days in busy activity (use to call, sms, and play musics). that's why i want to learn about DSM, is it true effecting the battery life, or just you suggestion, i need to prove it.
So, that's why i ask you where part on your MP did you put the DSM on??cause i need to try it, and what is DSM, where i can get it,is it a kind of patch, program, or some others thing, please tell me. I just want to learn and prove.

@tegesan: sorry i can't tell here, it's not polite, i'll tell you privately.
PackPunk
Cool guy
PHD modder

ROKR User (Not the zombie)

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2008, 02:29:08 am »

yup, I want to know about it too.. Wink
Why dont you make a tutorial about DSM? Its usefull for E398 user. So everybody will learn and apply to their MP.

E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies
kenzonatra
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2008, 03:46:22 am »

menu-settings-engineering-phone capabilities-DSM:Allowed
jong_java
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2008, 06:26:07 am »

CMIIW, but i used another MP (not Motohelic) and when i open just like ur tutor (menu-settings-engineering-phone capabilities-DSM:Allowed) it's exactly same. please tell me the difference about this feature, and gimme explanation why my phone battery cant stand a week (pls dont answer :"coz u're not using Motohelic").

Thanks a lot, n sorry for ur inconvenience

Regards
ritza_ll
Graduated modder

Sabar... Sabar...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 07:06:38 am »

I didn't yet flash this MP
But, It will interesting if really can save the batt.
So, tutor please Mr Kenzo. Smiley

(Nah tuh, biar ga dbilang pelit ma tmn2. Skalian share patchny. Hoho...
Jo nesu ken. Clink' Wink

[ROKR E398+ROKR E770v] VS [RAZR V3i+RAZR2 V8+RAZRMAXX V6]
jong_java
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2008, 07:23:37 am »

@ritza
pls look at ur phone and tell me about kenzo's tutor (menu-settings-engineering-phone capabilities-DSM:Allowed), is that feature also available on ur's?Huh?
P_41_JO
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2008, 02:35:58 am »

i already see that menu, and i think all recent FW have already has it, the DSM option, and all has been enabled. So what special from your DSM??please let us know.
PackPunk
Cool guy
PHD modder

ROKR User (Not the zombie)

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2008, 03:15:41 am »

Yeah, so does Kong 49R is already allowed :p
please tell us master..

E398
ROKR E1
ROKR E8
Plants vs. Zombies