Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 17, 2024, 11:26:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qtopia for E2  (Read 40072 times)
dwalker
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 03:00:02 am »

well, for those who want the mpkg, here it is, but it still have the font problem, every thing else works well, just put the qtopia files in mmc under a folder named qtopia, install the mpkg, give root permisions an run it, it take a while to start so be pacient.

http://www.4shared.com/file/60246141/181f4c40/qtopia.html

I also made a script to run qtopia from ext3 partition (mmca6), is much more fast than running it from flash... give it a try:

#!/bin/sh
#
insmod /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/ext2.o
insmod /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/loop.o
rm -rf /ezxlocal/Qtopia
mkdir /mmc/mmca6/Qtopia
mount -o loop -t ext2 /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/qtopia.img /mmc/mmca6/Qtopia
ln -s /mmc/mmca6/Qtopia /ezxlocal/Qtopia
cp /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/defaultbuttons.conf /mmc/mmca6/Qtopia
cp -f /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/hwtool /mmc/mmca1/
sh /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/start.sh

this script need qtopia files to be in qtopia folder on mmc, i recommend to run it from telnet. it only will work if your firmware hava a link to ext3 partition in /mmc/mmca6 (i use ezine 2 but a guess in blackstorm is the same).
arctu
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 03:30:38 am »

hmm, none of u experiencing speed issue? It's damn slow for me. Slower than E2's default interface. And thats with overclock and 64MB swap.
dwalker
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 03:57:44 am »

yes, is kind of slow, bu running it from ext3 partition it run very well
dwalker
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 06:16:33 am »

sorry for repost but... I did it!!!! i managed to run qtopia from phone with normal size font and icons, with this fix now we can run it with my mpkg (or any other script) without a computer.

The trick is very simple, just paste this line:
export QWS_DISPLAY="LinuxFb:mmWidth43:mmHeight58:0"

in the file start.sh, just under the line:
export HOME=/ezxlocal/root

and its all, now it will work well from phone. you can play with the values, lower values bigger icons and fonts.... for example
export QWS_DISPLAY="LinuxFb:mmWidth35:mmHeight44:0"

will bring you bigger icons and fonts.

Thanx to winfuk for pointing me to the right direcction  Wink

P.D. tested with my mpkg and works like a charm.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:57:02 am by dwalker » Logged
BlinK_
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 06:45:10 am »

@dwalker, thank you very much. Charging my mobile now, will try after few hours. Karma ++.
AV3LaR
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 09:53:17 am »

Men that's so cool i tested my sh and it ran nice but i had that problem (kind of weird cuz first time fonts were OK) but yours it's much better  Cool
And yes it's kind of slow but it's also weird cuz sometimes it just speeds a little more, and i don't know why i'll try to keep testing this noon, hey you stole your little brother's E2??? jaja
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:56:10 am by AV3LaR » Logged
arctu
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 11:48:59 am »

Hmm.. I'll test it again when some find a way to make it fast and 'usable'. (and when I have time) =D

Eh.. you talking to me...AV3Lar? I didn't steal.. I told him.. "Let me do some experiments on your phone. *evil grin*" and he let me. LOL.
AV3LaR
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 11:55:02 am »

LOL yes it's a joke i know your little brother got your super-E2!
and also checking motofan.ru
The guy who ported Qtopia 4ep said this
Instructions to Qtopia run from flash Ext3 section:
What is it? What is it? First increases in the speed differs from working with image. First increases in the speed differs from working with image. Secondly because it is very easy to substitute any file, for example tezhe experiments with the keyboard. Secondly because it is very easy to substitute any file, for example tezhe experiments with the keyboard.
In general, to start to create ext3 partition that they worked on 128 megabytes In general, to start to create ext3 partition that they worked on 128 megabytes
Then the image is also mounting in / ezxlocal / Qtopia as described above. Then the image is also mounting in / ezxlocal / Qtopia as described above.
Then must get the address as the address from Ext3 section, I do not know whether it all at the same place-and that I have. Then must get the address as the address from Ext3 section, I do not know whether it all at the same place-and that I have.
Copy files mounted image on Ext: Copy files mounted image on Ext:
give your example, Xbox MAXX3: give your example, Xbox MAXX3:
cp-r / ezxlocal / Qtopia / ezxlocal/download/mystuff/Ext3 (sort of true, but may have missed where backslashes, please do not complain about if true) cp-r / ezxlocal / Qtopia / ezxlocal/download/mystuff/Ext3 (sort of true , But may have missed where backslashes, please do not complain about if true)
There may need to restart) but probably can, and without it, generally will not be anything terrible.
Remove / ezxlocal / Qtopia - rm - rf / ezxlocal / Qtopia Remove / ezxlocal / Qtopia - rm - rf / ezxlocal / Qtopia
Linkuem folder with Ext section on ezxlocal - ln-s / ezxlocal/download/mystuff/Ext3/Qtopia / ezxlocal / Qtopia Linkuem folder with Ext section on ezxlocal - ln-s / ezxlocal/download/mystuff/Ext3/Qtopia / ezxlocal / Qtopia
And the launch - sh / mmc/mmca1/start.sh And the launch - sh / mmc/mmca1/start.sh
On the idea after a reboot the phone link is working. On the idea after a reboot the phone link is working. Toecht to run kutopiyu enough to command sh / mmc/mmca1/start.sh, ie not need to load modules and are busy linking. Toecht to run kutopiyu enough to command sh / mmc/mmca1/start.sh, ie not need to load modules and are busy linking.

Google translate did it's best!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:58:10 pm by AV3LaR » Logged
BlinK_
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 02:53:18 am »

I have a problem with insmod.
[09:49] root:~$ insmod /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/ext2.o
/mmc/mmca1/qtopia/ext2.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
[09:49] root:~$ insmod /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/loop.o
/mmc/mmca1/qtopia/loop.o: init_module: Input/output error
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
[09:49] root:~$

Anyone experienced this?
saarakura
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 05:12:13 am »

I have a problem with insmod.
[09:49] root:~$ insmod /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/ext2.o
/mmc/mmca1/qtopia/ext2.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
[09:49] root:~$ insmod /mmc/mmca1/qtopia/loop.o
/mmc/mmca1/qtopia/loop.o: init_module: Input/output error
[09:49] root:~$
Anyone experienced this?

me.... cant know why ...
dustin
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:56 am »

I think bcs our fw is already have ext2.o n loop.o Cheesy
AV3LaR
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 08:12:47 am »

Yup, try skipping those steps and if it doesn't work try putting the files again also rm ezxlocal/Qtopia this command removes the Qtopia folder, in that way it's to be created again  Undecided
BlinK_
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2008, 08:32:14 am »

Yea. Now it works. I skipped the insmod part. It just needs some time to load.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 10:01:50 am »

$dwalker++;

BlinK_
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 10:57:56 am »

I tried it in mmca6. It works really fast when fully loaded. And I call it fully usable. Some lag spikes occur from time to time, but it is ok... (:

P.S. Tried to play the built in games, had some lag there. Networking works as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting